Vodafone tv issues

Frequent Poster

Re: Vodafone tv issues

by Frequent Poster SueChristinaMiddleton Frequent Poster
Message 11 of 18 (339 Views)

We have had the same problem for about two weeks. It's never happened before. Sound disappears and picture breaks up - happens for about 30 seconds then comes back. So far it's happened only on TVNZ 1. Happens several,times during a programme. Please advise how to sort this, as we have had an horrific history with Vodafone TV via UFB and for nearly a year now it has been working brilliantly and we had thought our troubles were over. (WHen we first got UFB at the end of 2015 playbacks of recordings on Rialto kept jumping to the end. We tried to get help for about six months viabthisnforum and by phone without success. This was solved by a software update - had to go to the CEO of Vodafone to get this, it was an upgrade that was not universally rolled out but it worked for those of us who had this channel- specific problem. It took six months to get help. Since then and until this new problem things were fine...

Posted from Apple iPad
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 12 of 18 (323 Views)

Hi Sue, 

Have you had the freezing happen in the last 24 hours?

We are aware of the problem, and thought we had it fixed. 

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Frequent Poster

Message 13 of 18 (315 Views)

Hi Sam, thanks for getting back to me. I have just watched the lunchtime news (recorded) on TVNZ and, no, it didn't freeze. But last nights it frozen three times during Broadchurch (also TV1 between 8.30-10.00pm live). So it hasn't frozen in the last 12 hours but has in the last 24.

Posted from Apple iPad
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 14 of 18 (312 Views)

Thanks Sue, can you please send me a private message with your account number?

I'll send it through to our technology team who are currently investigating, as an example.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 18 (273 Views)

I sent you a PM last night. Since then it has frozen again, this time on Fox ( husband watches this crappy propaganda channel but we do need it to work...)

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by PaulDempsey Starter Poster
Message 16 of 18 (235 Views)

for us the freeze / lag / no sound isue occurs regularly in the evenings at random times regardless of channel (at work during the day so cannot say if it occurs then), funny thing is - does not appear to happen at all during the ad breaks, only during the programs.
P.S - still waiting to be given a definitive answer regarding On-Demand function, realise the community help is volunteer but would have thought the powers that be would have provided an answer to customers by now....

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 17 of 18 (198 Views)

Hi @SueChristinaMiddleton

This issue was resolved 11:15am yesterday.

Regards,
Grant

I work in a contractor role for Vodafone in the Media Services Group.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Frequent Poster

Message 18 of 18 (188 Views)

Terrific thanks! Have just watched the 6.00 news without interruption - fingers crossed!

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today