Vodafone Tv recordings cutting off before end of programs.

Starter Poster

Vodafone Tv recordings cutting off before end of programs.

by sparklesnz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 11 (3,912 Views)

We have switched from My SKY+ to Vodafone TV .
All of our recordings are  being cut off before the program finishes.
My husband is getting really frustrated......
With My Sky+ , the remote has a button that gives you a 20 minute buffer.
How can we rectify this........

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Tv recordings cutting off before end of programs.

by WendyMcMichael Starter Poster
Message 2 of 11 (3,907 Views)

We also have moved from My Sky + to Vodafone TV and recorded programmes cutoff before they finish as they sometimes don't start on-time as per tv schedule therefore when they pass the scheduled programme finish, Vodafone recording doesn't keep recording the programme, rather it's limited to the clock and not the programme.  It's soooooo frustrating as I miss out on crucial Shorty endings..... Woman Wink

Starter Poster

by WendyMcMichael Starter Poster
Message 3 of 11 (3,905 Views)

found this on another post where you can increase the recording buffer.  Now, hopefully no more lost Shorty endings!

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Vodafone-TV-SKY/How-to-change-the-quot-Padding-Buffer-on-Vodafone...

Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 11 (3,902 Views)
Hi @WendyMcMichael

Correct, that will help resolve these issues. Further fixes and enhancements for recording padding and resolution of recording conflicts are currently in testing phase and we hope to roll these out soon.

Cheers
Grant
I work in a contractor role for Vodafone in the Media Services Group.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster dbatten Regular Poster
Message 5 of 11 (3,786 Views)

Greetings Grant

hopefully by recording conflicts you mean when you have 2 programs recording for 8.30pm - and one for 7.30pm to find that post recording at least 1 of the 8.30pm ones has failed because of a conflict..... yet is was accepted by the planner.

Or having 2 x programs set for 8.30pm - in going to set one at 7.30pm for 1 hour - planner won't accept because there is a time conflict when ther really isn't (except for padding?) Look forward to the update

thanks db

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 6 of 11 (3,783 Views)
Hi @dbatten

Yes, this update will resolve that. There will be more information when the software is approved :-)

Cheers
Grant

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 7 of 11 (3,756 Views)

@dbatten 

http://vodafone.co.nz/tvupdate

Software is scheduled for release next Monday, 21st. 

Cheers,
Grant

New Poster

by David-Henson New Poster
Message 8 of 11 (1,366 Views)

I see this discussion re Vodafone cutting out before programme end was a year or so back. However it has started recently for me. I adjusted buffering today to 15 mins but there seems to be a problem at the start. When I start a stored programme I have to FF through what seems to be about 30 mins of the preceding programme to reach the start of the one I want. If the buffering takes up too much space at fthe beginning it appears that this will reduce the time allowed for the ending. Comments please.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor Gaffer Contributor
Message 9 of 11 (1,311 Views)

We have had our buffer set at 15 minutes for years, but still sometimes miss the end of a program.

It  happened last night and it is extremely annoying. It appears that nothing can be done to rectify the problem.

I don't think Sky would have an answer but if they do then we would certainly look at moving to Sky.

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 10 of 11 (1,308 Views)

Hi @Gaffer

You must have another recording occuring at the time and a following recording preceeding the end of the programme that had the end cut off.

Padding will ALWAYS be reduced or removed completely, rather than fail a recording due to a 'schedule conflict' (keeping the end padding).

This is the same with SKY..

Cheers,
Grant

Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today