Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 61 of 65 (478 Views)

@MikeFulstow

Thanks for your considered post Mike.

1. Fast/forward rewind of programmes with live video rather than an elapsed time.
> This is on the list of planned developments, I will check on timings for you.

2. What OnDemand content can I watch? Are all of the movies reliant upon a Sky Movies subscription - this is not clear.
> Yes, SKY Movies is required but I will double check on that.

3. On of the biggest issues with the old service was missing the end of a recorded programme due to recording overlapping content on different channles and I have recently found that watching on catch has the same issue; i.e. towards the end of the programme the viewing switches back to live TV and you have to access the programme again and fast forward from the beginning. Please log this as a fault and advise of your plan to resolve this?

> I will raise this as an issue for the team.

4. Also watching catch-up programmes is there anyway to restart the prgramme from the EPG so that you don't have to switch to the channel, press the OK button and then restart? If you're watching catch-up it is not good having to see the programme half way through as this defeats the object of having the catch-up facility - especially with live sport.

6. If the STB is left on even for a few hours the picture flickers on and off to a green screen frequently, so I am having to pwer cycle at least once on most days - has this fault been logged and what are the plans to resolve?

> I will raise this as an issue for the team.

7. I am happy with FibreX broadband, but I am very unhappy with the Vodafone TV service. Can I be released from my contract as I have no confidence in a resolution to these issues. I can do better elsewhere.

> You would need to call us on 0508 888 800 to discuss this. We are actively updating the TV service, so I'm sorry you have no confidence in a resolution.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by MikeFulstow Starter Poster
Message 62 of 65 (457 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting the feedback. Can you please confirm that these issues have been logged with the team and what is the likely outcome and resoluiton time? I appreciate that this is a new product but the official VF response cannot simply be to say that these will be dealt with. Lots of people are raising the live fast forward/rewind and issues with live pause.

You also state below that you are actively updating the service, but there has been no firmware upgrade since the launch. 

The old VF TV service got orphaned from updates for over 3 years before being deprecated, so that ia why I have very little confidence. To change this perception for me and many others on the forum actions speak louder than words.

Looking forward to some postive action on the many issues with VF TV.

Mike.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 63 of 65 (455 Views)

@MikeFulstow

Thanks for the post.

Yes, definitely logged with TV team. Releases are coming in February and in March.

There have been a number of firmware updates since launch, they tend to happen overnight and don't require user input etc to be applied, hence addition of TVNZ app + numerous other changes.

Cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by MikeFulstow Starter Poster
Message 64 of 65 (417 Views)

Thanks again for responding Mike. I look forward to seeing these updates arrive and the issues that they address - how will customers know when the updates have been applied and what is resolved in the update?

Thanks,

Mike.

Starter Poster

by BlackMDK Starter Poster
Message 65 of 65 (509 Views)

It is sad how I was duped into getting this product, I was a happy customer of MySky and frustrated to the max. 

- TV3, I knew it cannot be recorded but I was told you can catch up for last 3 days, which is actually completely false. I was told if that fails you can watch on-demand, false again.

If you hit pause on TV3 and is paused beyond the time where live broadcast is actually finished, you will not be able to finish watching whatever you paused. On-demand is 24h delayed so you will not watch it there either and there is no 3-day catchup on the majority of content on TV3.

- Vodafone TV cost way more then mySky for way less functionality 

Those two things were not told to me, I was lied to repeatedly as I asked specific questions around it, I asked to have a trial but it is not possible now I know why since I would see on my own eyes that what I really want isn't there. I was promised one price but invoice came close to double that and nobody can explain to me why I'm charged so much more then what is marketed on Vodafone website.

Buyer beware it might be good for some but if primary watching is TV1 TV2 TV3 it is no go here.

Black

Stats
  • 64 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 13 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors