Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

Frequent Poster

Re: Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

by Frequent Poster AaronSmithson76 Frequent Poster
Message 51 of 65 (724 Views)

Is there a chance for Non-Sky channels to be added in the future?

ie channels not on Sky Digitial service such as Fox Sports, US HBO more BBC channels?

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Message 52 of 65 (794 Views)

Is there anyway of changing the 4 channels under the option of TV Guide? Maybe have it as Favourite Channels?

Also change the order of Apps on the Right hand side?

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 53 of 65 (791 Views)
Sorry, no not at this time.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Frequent Poster

Message 54 of 65 (792 Views)

I have also notied. That the Vodafone TV boxes communicate via IPv6

I was having issues with router and I noticed while my computers were not getting IPv4 IPs from the router they could see IPv6 traffic and was talking and the VodafoneTV boxes were still able to watch TV(watching the ICC u19 world cup and rebooting the router), No IP from the router via DHCP but the VodafoneTV boxes were going fine after the router had connected

Frequent Poster

Message 55 of 65 (732 Views)

I thought the idea of the Vodafone TV App on your iphone is so that you can watch say sports while away from home. Is this not the case?

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 56 of 65 (715 Views)

You can, but it comes down to individual channels/programme rights.  Some programmes or channels do not allow for viewing on Mobile or when 'away from home'.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 57 of 65 (673 Views)

Get home from work.

Turn on TV, VTV and receive an SC014 error message telling me there is no internet or I'm not subscribed to this service. WTF???

First off, internet is all ok as I type this on my laptop to post here.

So, I turn off device, pull plug for 30 second and power up again. Device turned on, screen says "Loading...", then the device promptly turns off again.

I turn it back on again... it loads as per normal then the menu pops up and behind it I see the "There is no internet issue or you are not subscribed to this channel".

So I log into My Vodafone and see there is no issue with the account, and both the VTV and my phone are both listed in the Vodafone TV device list.

As I haven't been informed of any network outages regarding Vodafone TV, I can only assume that there is an unscheduled network outage or my TV service has been cancelled by someone other than me, the Bill Payer.

When are Vodafone going to stop spending money on all the expensive advertising and actually fix the issues with their service.

No wonder Vodafone is at the bottom of the latest Customer Satisfaction polls.

And yes, I've had a bad work day and your're wearing it.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 58 of 65 (619 Views)
@causality
Still an issue?
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 59 of 65 (618 Views)

Yes, but I can now watch Live TV and access recordings and app.

The afternoon after my last post, the VTV still showed SC014 upon start up, which remained on screen for up to 10 seconds, then disappeared and showed channel one. Switching channels, and the same SC014 message appeared for the same length of time, then the channel appeared.

I could access all recordings, BUT the RED progress bar from all programs still on the list that I had watched was missing. If I recorded something on, say, BBC Knowledge and this has two or more recording a week, and therefore a lot to catch up with, I used the red progress bar to see what I had already watched and could choose the next one in the list - if it wasn't the next scheduled recording.

The only way to tell what I had watched was to highlight the thumbnail and choose Watch. There I could see that the programme had been viewed as the recording picked up from where I had departed it previously.

Note: I only watch to the end of the programme, not to the end of the actual recording.

As I had watched the recording, I backed out to the recording menu of the list and the RED progress bar reappeared for that recording, and only that recording. I would have to do the same for every other recording on the list. This has only started after the SC014 issue.

As I write this, SC014 is only appearing breifly, then its all good again. It sometime appears when I change the channel, say from 1 to 3 or 3 to 21.

Oh, and a couple of programmes scheduled on BBC Knowledge as yet to be recorded show "Starts at 07 February" in the thumbnail but this is the 10th of February, its a case of Back to the Future Shift Recording here. A feature I was unaware the VTV offered!

Also, any channels offering a three day catchup as previous and do not have an App are not allowing this at present.

I am left wondering if the Internal Clock of the device has been affected (?). Yes a clock is appearing on the Menu and is showing the correct time as I write this (15:18 at the time), but the device's clock may not be synced correctly. Like being on UTC time (currently 13 hours behind) and not NZ time.

So, I guess it's time for another Firmware update.

Starter Poster

by MikeFulstow Starter Poster
Message 60 of 65 (653 Views)

Hi VF,

I will try posting here as there has been no response in the main forum. Is there anything being done actively or to be done regarding any of these issues with the new VF TV service. I am happy with many aspects of the service, but the things listed below are issues that need to be resolved.

Update on #5 below I do have the TNVZ app :-)

Unfortunately I like others cannot get the app on my iPhone to pair with the STB. I power cycle the box most days to overcome #6 below so this doesn't fix it.

My original post is pasted below.

I too was an early adopter and ordered the product soon after it was launched. I posted some initial feedback via your FB page and had a response, but none of the issues have been resolved and I see no light at the end of the tunnel. Can you please provide a response to the status of the following issues?

1. Fast/forward rewind of programmes with live video rather than an elapsed time. Yes you can do ths 20 seconds at a time using another button, but neither is ideal and a backward step from the previous service. Please confirm you are going to deploy live fast forward/rewind?

2. What OnDemand content can I watch? Are all of the movies reliant upon a Sky Movies subscription - this is not clear.

3. On of the biggest issues with the old service was missing the end of a recorded programme due to recording overlapping content on different channles and I have recently found that watching on catch has the same issue; i.e. towards the end of the programme the viewing switches back to live TV and you have to access the programme again and fast forward from the beginning. Please log this as a fault and advise of your plan to resolve this?

4. Also watching catch-up programmes is there anyway to restart the prgramme from the EPG so that you don't have to switch to the channel, press the OK button and then restart? If you're watching catch-up it is not good having to see the programme half way through as this defeats the object of having the catch-up facility - especially with live sport.

5. I don't have the TVNZ app on my STB and there have been no updates to the firmware since day 1 despite the issues. How do I get TVNZ on my STB?

6. If the STB is left on even for a few hours the picture flickers on and off to a green screen frequently, so I am having to pwer cycle at least once on most days - has this fault been logged and what are the plans to resolve?

7. I am happy with FibreX broadband, but I am very unhappy with the Vodafone TV service. Can I be released from my contract as I have no confidence in a resolution to these issues. I can do better elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing from you with regard to these issues.

Regards,

Mike.

Stats
  • 64 Replies
  • 30w ago
  • 13 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors