Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

New Poster

Re: Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

by Samonz New Poster
Message 41 of 65 (1,225 Views)

Hows it going, just changed over from MySky to standard + and for a new product seems to be working pretty good for me, few small issues and questions.

Youtube, Three now, Iheart apps have been working flawlessly, but have had issues with netflix getting a black screen all of a sudden and sometimes freezing completely I.E cant exit out back to menu, and other time could exit out to menu but when selecting netflix app again it wouldnt load at all would just flicker and go back to start screen. The only way to fix has been turning box off and unplugging and once started back up works fine.

Another thing with netflix app is i dont seem to be able to get 4K playback, HDMI 2.0 plugged stright from VTV box into samsung UHD T.V, can still get 4K netflix if i use the app on the t.v connected through wifi. Connection speed on VTV app is usually around 60MBPS.

Pretty happy with so far, havent had any connection drops on either tvs and change over has been pretty painless.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster AaronSmithson76 Frequent Poster
Message 42 of 65 (1,437 Views)

Thanks Samonz

Just out of interest the Sky Basic channels, Nat Geo, Discovery etc. Are they in HD or are they still in SD like MySky?

Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 43 of 65 (1,434 Views)

I may be wrong...

But it looks like it's content specific, in that it's broadcast in the format to programme is available at the time it was made. By that I mean most of what I've seen on some of those channels are on SD, but one or two have been at least HD (720p) - or appeared to be.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 44 of 65 (1,390 Views)

If he Channel is HD on Sky, it’s HD on Vodafone TV.

Sky provide the source material

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Posted from Apple iPad
Frequent Poster

Message 45 of 65 (1,288 Views)

Thanks what I was meaning is if the show is in SD on Sky

Will it still be SD on Vodafone TV or will it be in HD. The channels I am wondering about are History, Discovery etc.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster invergordon Regular Poster
Message 46 of 65 (1,316 Views)

Short of thumbing through all the "Record" threads looking for a similar issue but I noted after installing VFTV yesterday that I can't record Coronation Street!  My wife was not impressed and my head is on the chopping block if I can't figure this out!  

When I click record I get a message saying "Sorry, this programe canot be recorded".

Is there a trick to this?

Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 47 of 65 (1,302 Views)
I thought i had the same issue with Netflix when i got home Friday morning. Turned on VTV & TV then before I bought up menu I caught end of a show on HGTV which I often watch so followed that till the end then wondered why menu wouldn't appear.

Turned off VTV, red LED displayed on the front, but discovered HGTV was still showing!

TV was on Freeview not HDMI1... DOH!

Posted from Samsung SM-G935F
New Poster

by bevdib New Poster
Message 48 of 65 (1,257 Views)

Afterr a month long effort to get the new Vodafone TV, and three weeks without the ability to record because Vodafone turned off my old system before new one installed , check my file, I now find that I am unable to record some of my favourite programmes on TV! 2 3 4 Choice etc.  At no time during this fiasco, was I told what I would be losing to take up this new offer.

I have had to find this out for myself when attempting to record some of my favourite programmes.  I have been a Vodafone customer for many years and find their lack of decency, integrity and truthfulness appalling. I am not a guinea pig. I see that many people feel the same and have gone back to their old systems.  I shall be doing the same.

New Poster

by WendyMorton New Poster
Message 49 of 65 (1,217 Views)

Hi,

After some confustion I am now up and running with Vodafone TV. and, on the whole, happy with the service.  There are a few points that I feel could have bee made clearer when it was being "sold" to me that it might be in your company's interest to address.

1. There was no mention that I would lose the SKY service for a minimum of 48 hours prior to switchover!  I received an email from Sky on 18th December (just before the Xmas break), advising that I would be cut off on the 19th.  On checking with the local Riccarton branch, they confirmed that was the case.  At that time I had now yet received the WiFi extenders to enable the STB's to be installed.  The Riccarton office was really good (so I thought), and stopped the disconnection.  However, they did not mention that meant that I was back to direct connection with Sky, and even when I got a call from Sky to welcome me back, and went back in to query that, no-one told me that I would be expected to pay for the service dorect to Sky, including a months charge for disconnection totalling $247 for viewing from 19/12 to 15/1!

2.  I can see that others have the same issues I do with the number of programmes that cannot be recorded!  Though I accept that you have noted that "some" programmes cannot be recorded, no mention was made that those included standard One, Two and Three programmes such as Shortland Street, Home & Away and Coronation Street!  In addition, a number of the BBC and Australian programmes are not able to be recorded - hopefully, you will be able to sort out the issues with these soon.

3.  On My TV - the wishlist cannot be used (as far as I can see) for anything other than "on Demand" films.  Perhaps you could advise if that is not the case, and confirm how it can be used for other programmes

4.  I have to use this opportunity to congratulate you Customer Team for the excellent service on advising me how to set up the service - second to none!!

Thanks

Wendy Morton   

Frequent Poster

Message 50 of 65 (1,112 Views)

I can not see why it can take so long for Sky to flip a switch to turn Sky Services off so they can put Vodafone TV on.

Stats
  • 64 Replies
  • 47w ago
  • 14 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors