Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

Starter Poster

Re: New Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

[ Edited ]
by lumpycam Starter Poster
Message 21 of 65 (1,455 Views)

Hi - a couple of questions.....

Could you provide some information on how to use Watchlists and Bookmarks. I can't seem to find any documentation online.

Would be good to use some form of push notification to devices advising of programme start times for programmes that can't yet be recorded. At least this would provide a bridge while licensing is sorted out.

Any plans for a windows based app?

Many thanks in advance 

New Poster

by CormacMoran New Poster
Message 22 of 65 (1,140 Views)

I've setup my new vodafone tv box after a significant hassle actually getting hold of one, despite being a customer for 7 years.

Issue 1 - The Vodafone TV App doesn't load on my Galaxy s7. Occassionaly I get an MG006 error. The only reference to this error message according to Google is this thread

Issue 2 - Personalised Home Page feature, how do I do this? No documentation is available.

Please help

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster causality Frequent Poster
Message 23 of 65 (1,131 Views)

I have no problems using the Vodafone TV app on my Galaxy S7 Edge, apart from the app occasionally signing me out after it's been closed...

Word of advice here, don't clear the app cache as this signs one out of the session.

I'm assuming you're using this version of the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vodafone.vtv.nz&hl=en

Try uninstalling your current app via Google Play Store and reinstalling it. Or install the above version if you have something else.

Remember to sign in to it with your ISP username and password so that you can access the Vodafone TV service.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Laurence1979 Regular Poster
Message 24 of 65 (1,101 Views)
Agree I also have problems with those apps, doesn’t look like they were tested properly prior to release with vtv
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Laurence1979 Regular Poster
Message 25 of 65 (1,069 Views)

Is there the ability to add in other apps such as Neon which I was given a 12mnth subscription too, seems a little bit pointless if I can't use it via vodafone Tv?

can i delete the TVNZ and Three Now apps and reload them from the VTV STB, as they are very slow and do not load, i have to power off and on the STB to get the service working again

at the moment regretting cancelling MYSKY but perservering through the first weeks not helped by taking 4 days and about 2 hours on seperate calls to subscribe to sky sports (yet to resolve)Smiley Mad

Starter Poster

by RobWylie Starter Poster
Message 26 of 65 (1,024 Views)

On the new VTV menu there is a Watchlist. How do I bookmark programmes to this watchlist?

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 27 of 65 (1,020 Views)

Quick update

Recording is now available on selected news and current affairs on TVNZ One but please note this content is only retained for 60 days, unlike all other recording content which is available for 365 days.

Selected programmes that can now be recorded are:

• Breakfast
  • 1 News at Midday
  • 1 News at 6pm
  • Seven Sharp
  • 1 New Tonight
  • Hyundai Country Calendar
  • Fair Go
  • Te Karere
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Frequent Poster

Message 28 of 65 (1,013 Views)

Thanks Mike.

At least that's a bit better than the pultry 7 days to view for BBC shows like Click that I've set for up series record.

Now if we could only delete the oprhaned shows that still appear on the My TV watchlist.

Additionally, while there is a progress bar in the recording box with show details, and a synopsis of the show, indicating where one has got to in terms of viewing a show if one has to stop watching and subsequently returned to watch, there are no indications (icons) to identify which shows are the new recording and which are watched.

An example is that if one has set up series recording for BBC Click and that the show is boradcasted by BBC at least 3 times in a 24 hours period and one has a few days of shows showing, some watched and some awaiting to be viewed, it would be faster to identify by Icon which is new and which is viewed; considering there are orphaned shows still on the watchlist.

So, are there any plans to improve those recordings, features and options?

Frequent Poster

Message 29 of 65 (1,012 Views)

Yes, I am aware that there are dates and times in the recording details.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 30 of 65 (926 Views)

@causality

Yes the deleting orphaned programmes has been raised, will update when I hear.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 64 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 13 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors