Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

Highlighted
Community Manager

Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

[ Edited ]
by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 1 of 29 (816 Views)

Vodafone TV

With the launch of Vodafone TV, a whole new way of watching TV is now available. We're aware it's quite a change for some folks and so we're keen to both capture your feedback and suggestions, and also provide updates as they become available.

So, while I know there are already a few posts on this topic, please feel free to add your replies to this post and either I will answer them or get an answer. Additionally, I will regularly add a new post with info on new software releases, any programming changes in the offing etc 

We have a Help page on the website as well as some FAQs - and will add to those over time.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.

Cheers

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: New Vodafone TV - your feedback and questions answered

by neillo1 Starter Poster
Message 2 of 29 (757 Views)

Two questions - I installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016). Worked fine for a couple of days but now won't load. Have deleted and reinstalled app a couple of times but still no good.

Also will you make this available for chromecast use? Thanks

Community Manager

Message 3 of 29 (710 Views)

@neillo1

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about the app. Are any other apps playing up or just the Vodafone TV that won't load.

Re Chromecast, no plans at this stage.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 29 (666 Views)

Other apps fine. Vodafone TV app comes up with error (MG006) So can't use a tablet and no chromecast. I signed up to this in the expectation that VTV would be viewable in more places on more devices but this is not the reality. It's so disappointing as there are some good features but I would be better off with what I had previously and would be paying $20 less a month.

So how can I watch VTV on another TV - only solution I see is to get another set-top box but guess I would be charged for it?

I have spent so much energy trying to convey to Vodafone my frustrations over what I signed up for but just get the brush-off.

Maybe I should have waited to see if the product settles down but surpirsed Vodafone would bring a product to the market with so many apparent issues.

So how can I get it to work on my Samsung tablet?

Community Manager

Message 5 of 29 (658 Views)

@neillo1

Thanks will look up that code in the AM. If you can plug in a Chromecast, you can plug in the set top box?

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 29 (577 Views)

Not really sure what you mean by if you can plug in a Chromecast, you can plug in the set top box.

Also maybe to look at reviews of the app on Playstore - a number seeem to be having difficulty with this.

Starter Poster

by AndrewL1 Starter Poster
Message 7 of 29 (749 Views)

Will Sky on Demand be available in the future?

Community Manager

Message 8 of 29 (707 Views)

@AndrewL1

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

Short answer, yes! Not everything available at the moment but by early part of next year, will have a complete offering.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by Smarty New Poster
Message 9 of 29 (643 Views)

Hi Mike.

We recently got the new VTV, I was wondering if anyone else is having problems loading the apps, in particular, tvnz and three now (they are very slow to respond) 

Also, how come some shows can be recorded and some cant? Even if they are the same programme on the same channel but are a different season/episode one will have record and/or rewatch and the other will only have live. 

Community Manager

Message 10 of 29 (621 Views)

@Smarty

Thanks for the post. I haven't tried TVNZ or Three apps but will check to see if any wider reports.

Different abilities to record is down to licensing, the full list is online. The licensing will change over time but we will communicate any and all changes.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors