Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

by AndrewMaxwell Starter Poster
Message 11 of 25 (1,517 Views)

Thank you, the cable I'm using is 1.4 and I have swapped them, because at this point in time I'm trying anything!

However, I'm not sure it will stop the "No Internet Connection" messages and the screens appearing with the Vodafone Logo "You're not subscribed to this channel" in large text with the "No Internet Connection" in the top right of the screen. We get the signal from the Vodafone TV to the TV screen fine. Its just that the Vodafone TV looses its connection to the outside world very regularly.

Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 12 of 25 (1,511 Views)

Sorry Andrew, I missread what you were refering to previously regarding connection.

Just to clarify, is your VTV connected to your modem via WiFi or via Ethernet cable?

Mine is via Ethernet cable, a 5m Cat-6 cable, as the original is too short. I was going to connect via WiFi, but as I removed an old WD TV media player from the network, I used that cable instead.

And, yes, I'm still getting SC401 appearing on the screen occasionally upon starting the VTV, but this disappears within 10 - 30 seconds.

Otherwise, I have no real problems with connection.

Watching NewsHub on my VTV as I write this and it's just like watching it OTA  via Freeview, but without the atmospheric issues which cause pixelation and kaleidoscope colour patterns.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by AndrewMaxwell Starter Poster
Message 13 of 25 (1,504 Views)

Thank you.

I have one TV that is ethernet connected and the other uses the wifi extenders on bridge mode. This happens with both TVs, so no difference with the type of connection.

When they work, I'm very impressed with the whole setup. But they just require too many resets a day to be considered reliable. (I work as an airline pilot, so having reliable equipment to me is essential!).

Starter Poster

by xpertz Starter Poster
Message 14 of 25 (1,037 Views)
I'm now getting the same error code, and then a wierd green screen. I have i ternet connection, and my Vodafone TV says it's connected but I'm unable to stream. My VTV is connected via ethernet.
Posted from Samsung SM-G920I
Starter Poster

by jodymcb Starter Poster
Message 15 of 25 (1,031 Views)

Im getting this as well all the time, Im connected via enthernet cable.  Not impressed with vodafone tv tonight can't even watch any of my recordings just not displaying.

Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 16 of 25 (1,013 Views)
Have the exact same issue. Has anyone been able to solve this or get an answer from Vodafone, could be returning to Sky decoder very quickly!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by Thehandleys Starter Poster
Message 17 of 25 (970 Views)

I just got Vodafone tv last weekend.  The same thing is happening with our box.  We are having to unplug and turn it back on and off at least once every couple of days because it it losing connection. We have the 2 extra wifi boosters.  We have to unplug these and reset each booster to restore the connection.  Our internet connection is fine as we seem to be able to stream things fine through Apple TV and and our computer and Netflix via our iPad.  There are no issues with these devices losing connection.  Is this problem going to be resolved anytime soon?  We are on fibre and the lost connection is happening randomly when nothing else is playing so it doesn’t seem to be an issue without our internet.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster ewanc Regular Poster
Message 18 of 25 (941 Views)
Check to make sure you have a surge protection device on your vtsb.. i had the same issue put all my vf gear on a surge protwction..no more issues with lost session or frozen vstb.. clean power..
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 19 of 25 (936 Views)

I hadn't though of that, but feel that you are correct.

Mine has been on a surge protector from day one, and so is my modem - on a second unit in the same room. Therefore, as I'm watching The Expanse (again) on Netflix, it's full HD with zero defects in display quality and in perfect sync.

Starter Poster

by Thehandleys Starter Poster
Message 20 of 25 (928 Views)

Thank you.  I will give the surge protectors a try and report back in week or so!

cheers

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 51w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors