Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

by AndrewMaxwell Starter Poster
Message 11 of 13 (306 Views)

Thank you, the cable I'm using is 1.4 and I have swapped them, because at this point in time I'm trying anything!

However, I'm not sure it will stop the "No Internet Connection" messages and the screens appearing with the Vodafone Logo "You're not subscribed to this channel" in large text with the "No Internet Connection" in the top right of the screen. We get the signal from the Vodafone TV to the TV screen fine. Its just that the Vodafone TV looses its connection to the outside world very regularly.

Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 12 of 13 (300 Views)

Sorry Andrew, I missread what you were refering to previously regarding connection.

Just to clarify, is your VTV connected to your modem via WiFi or via Ethernet cable?

Mine is via Ethernet cable, a 5m Cat-6 cable, as the original is too short. I was going to connect via WiFi, but as I removed an old WD TV media player from the network, I used that cable instead.

And, yes, I'm still getting SC401 appearing on the screen occasionally upon starting the VTV, but this disappears within 10 - 30 seconds.

Otherwise, I have no real problems with connection.

Watching NewsHub on my VTV as I write this and it's just like watching it OTA  via Freeview, but without the atmospheric issues which cause pixelation and kaleidoscope colour patterns.

Starter Poster

by AndrewMaxwell Starter Poster
Message 13 of 13 (292 Views)

Thank you.

I have one TV that is ethernet connected and the other uses the wifi extenders on bridge mode. This happens with both TVs, so no difference with the type of connection.

When they work, I'm very impressed with the whole setup. But they just require too many resets a day to be considered reliable. (I work as an airline pilot, so having reliable equipment to me is essential!).

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 26w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors