Vodafone TV frequently drops out

New Poster

Vodafone TV frequently drops out

by DaveAnderson New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (678 Views)

We get very unreliable vodafone tv.  We are using the vodafone Huawai hg659 and a Linksys re2000 wifi range extender with ethernet from the extender to the tv box.  A speed test using the tv cable got 70 down and 20 up. 

Most of the time the picture is fine but avery couple of minutes it drops out - sometimes for a second or two, other times for longer.  And trying to record one channel while watching another is a waste of time.

I tried powerline adapters instead of the wifi extender but that was worse.

I logged in to the modem  and noticed under Wlan Statistics 5ghz 8 errors , 2.4ghz 1016 error s.  is this likely to be relevant?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Vodafone TV frequently drops out

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 2 (644 Views)

Hi @DaveAnderson

Running the Vodafone Digital TV Recorder over a wifi network is not something we can support.  The unit was designed to work via a wired connection from the router (Huawei) to the Vodafone Digital TV recorder.

The Huawei router should have been installed next to the Vodafone Digital TV recorder when it was installed.  Was this not the case?

Cheers,
Grant

I work in a contractor role for Vodafone in the Media Services Group.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 37w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today