V2 of Vodafone TV app for Android available

Community Manager

V2 of Vodafone TV app for Android available

[ Edited ]
by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 1 of 5 (1,815 Views)

VodafoneTV_appv2.PNG

Just a quick post to let you know that version 2.0 of the Vodafone TV app for Android is now available from Google Play. Requires Android v4.4 and above.

This new version resolves the issues you told us about accessing the App on a device, so please ensure you update to the latest version, especially if you're using Android Oreo.

Cheers!

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Frequent Poster

Re: V2 of Vodafone TV app for Android available

by Frequent Poster AaronSmithson76 Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 5 (1,723 Views)

I still can not get this to open on my Android Tablet and Android Box says device is not supported.

Both are running Android 6.0.1

Highlighted
New Poster

by MurrayProffitt52 New Poster
Message 3 of 5 (879 Views)

Mine won'rt open in my android because I will not give thwe app permision to manage my phone calls or access my media including photos. I have no issue with locattion.

Those permissions may well be in the Vodafone App TOE, but they were certtainly not explained to me prior to signing up with Vodafone TV.

I wonder if some kind person could explain to me whay Vodafone wishes access to my phones call manager and media. Personally I don't see how thiose persinssions could be related to the functionality of the TV device I am paying for, in fact I consider those permissions a potential invasion of privacy and quite possible in breach of several Acts.

Starter Poster

by Moose09 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (820 Views)

Hi, Since the app update I cant watch any sport on the APP Error code (MV1812)

Disappointed !!

New Poster

by turtletowers New Poster
Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)
I had the same error message after updating the app. I spent nearly an hour on the phone to tech support. They said everything seemed fine and they were able to run the same app on a phone at their end with my account and had no problems. They were going to look further into it and call me back. Meanwhile, I did a hard restart on my phone (iPhone 6S Plus) by holding the standby and home buttons simultaneously until the phone restarted. Then the app worked fine.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors