Uploads Effect Cable TV - Pixelation/Blocking/Green/Sound etc

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Uploads Effect Cable TV - Pixelation/Blocking/Green/Sound etc

by Regular Poster nzfatmatt Regular Poster
Message 1 of 3 (839 Views)

I will ring up sometime but don't see any point at night as I doubt there will be people on that can look at things properly. Will need to do it during the day, later in the week when I have time. Thought I might ask here first and seeing as other people have pixelation problems, whether it's a common factor.

Setup:

-FibreX Max

-Cable TV

-Routerboard RB3011

-Have also used Huawei H659 instead of Routerboard, wired directly to a computer.

Have been having problems with Cable TV for the past few weeks with Pixelation, blocking, green, sound, complete picture freeze.

Tonight I discovered through turning a computer on and off numerous times and then narrowing down that uploads to the net cause this pixelation, as had paused and online backup and it stopped.

The online backup which uploads at around 10Mbps once stareted will cause the pixelation problems on all channels on cable TV. I had thought it was a cable TV problem and have previously down the three button reset and powered down cable tv and modem overnight, also freed up 80% of its hard drive. When the backup is paused the problems with TV immediately cease. Resume the backup the problems start again. Uploading a large file to my google drive which gets up to 100Mbps only cuases problems at the start and end of the download. When the upload speed is maxed out there is no problem. There does not seem to be any problems with slow or fast downloads.

Have tried it on 4 different computers through the Routerboard and all have the same effect on the TV. Have tried it on two TV's with one directly linked to the cable TV box or to two TV's at once though an HDMI splitter.

Removed the routerboard and connected the Huawei H659 up to the Technicolor modem, connecting a computer via cable to that. The same problem occurs.

This problem is utterly confusing and It took a lot of replication before I believed it.

Staff

Re: Uploads Effect Cable TV - Pixelation/Blocking/Green/Sound etc

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 3 (820 Views)

Hi @nzfatmatt

That's an odd one!

I've spoken with a HFC chap.  Could you please check that all the COAX screw terminals (F-Connectors) on the back of your equipment are tight and try your test again?

If this doesn't resolve the problem, please call up and request a techician visit. 

Cheers,
Grant

I work in a contractor role for Vodafone in the Media Services Group.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Regular Poster

Re: Uploads Effect Cable TV - Pixelation/Blocking/Green/Sound etc

by Regular Poster nzfatmatt Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (816 Views)
I did a quick check of the F connectors to STB and TV modem last night, but I'll do another check tonight.
Posted from Android 2.0
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 36w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today