Unable to login to Vodafone TV iPhone app or sign up to customer zone

Tlw
Starter Poster

Unable to login to Vodafone TV iPhone app or sign up to customer zone

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 1 of 10 (1,082 Views)

Hi,

I looked through similar posts but couldn't find a resolution, and not keen to sit on hold for 40+ minutes to call customer care when i'm not confident i'll get help given my recent experiences even just to get the Vodafone TV box delivered.

I'm a longtime Vodafone internet customer who just got Vodafone TV. When i go to sign into the Vodafone TV app using the account number and password that work on the website it gives an error "Sorry, there was an error with your username or password. Please check your details and try again (MA103)

Tried resetting the password and reinstalling the app.

The 'Need help' page implies maybe setting up a customer profile for the customer zone will help. When i try do that i get another error ' An error has occurred on the page you have tried to access. 
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused - please try to access the page again, 
or navigate to a different part of this site.'

Have tried a few times picking various login ID's and password combinations in case that's the problem with setting up customer zone profile but have got the error many times. Also tried my husbands details as the primary account holder (i'm an authorised account holder) but no luck. 

Can anyone help please? The advertised features of the Vodafone TV app is what swayed me towards Vodafone TV rather than regular Sky and i've tried everything I can think of!

Thanks!

Tlw
Starter Poster

Re: Unable to login to Vodafone TV iPhone app or sign up to customer zone

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 2 of 10 (1,011 Views)
I ended up messaging the Vodafone Facebook page, they told me to try logging in with my password in all uppercase and I was able to login to the Vodafone Tv app Smiley Happy
Not sure if they did something to my account first to make the above work but thought I’d mention it here if anyone else has same issue and wants to give it a go.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 3 of 10 (997 Views)

Thanks for letting us know, it might help someone else! Smiley Happy

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 10 (979 Views)

Passwords are case sensitive Smiley Happy 

So if your password has any capitals, you must enter these also into the APP.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Tlw
Starter Poster

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 5 of 10 (977 Views)
This is not a user error. I don’t know of any system where passwords are not case sensitive, other than the Vodafone TV app where you apparentlyenter the opposite case.
My password is all lowercase, the “fix” was to enter it all uppercase in the app only.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by LisaMarieSpence Starter Poster
Message 6 of 10 (900 Views)

I had this, and this is one of the issues that is leading to me telling vodafone to take it all back. 

My remedy was getting the team to give me my password as they could see it. 
it was one less digit long to my one i use to sign in to customer zone. and it was also in capitals... i never make my passwords full caps. 

Now my issue i was trying to get across is that on https://customerzone.vodafone.co.nz/ i was NEVER able to log in to the top right hand side login area. I would try and it would kick me to another page and i was able to log in there with my usual password. 

I tried everything to log into the app, then FINALLY got the one they sent me and sure enough it worked. So my account has 2 passwords associated with it, one just cant be more than 7-8 digits long.... 

Tlw
Starter Poster

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 7 of 10 (892 Views)
Such a mission right! Same here, password is all lowercase but in the app it’s uppercase so not case sensitive like the staff member above states.

And after all that I don’t know if it’s just me but the app is pretty underwhelming..
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 10 (890 Views)

Underwhelming = understatement

I used it at the 24 hour doc to entertain 2 kids, then my top box mustve gone on standby and we could no longer access it and some error re- standby kept coming up... 

we are far from happy with the system and im expecting them to remedy the issues by taking it all back. I dont want to be some beta tester at full price 

Tlw
Starter Poster

by Tlw Starter Poster
Message 9 of 10 (883 Views)
Fair enough! I’m definitely gutted as after getting rid of Sky for a few years I decided it was time to reconnect it and wanted to take advantage of the free my sky through Vodafone which is what I originally called about, but was convinced by the sales person that Vodafone TV matched all the sky features, now I realise I can’t record heaps of channels and I really don’t find it user friendly in general.
They did set the bar pretty low though, was a huge muck around and hours of our time on the phone to even get the tv box sent, had to write a complaint to get the $100 credit they promise if install isn’t done in 3 days, then the app login issues. So they have broken me down to the point I’m stoked if it just works haha
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 10 of 10 (870 Views)

I tried to find that part but do you think I could and no one on the phone "knew" about it. Must go search for it again 

Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 21w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors