The 'new' Vodafone TV - my review

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: The 'new' Vodafone TV - my review

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 41 of 46 (138 Views)
Would recommend posting in the Ideas Forum, happy to hear ideas and suggestions.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

[ Edited ]
by HowDee2 New Poster
Message 42 of 46 (212 Views)

Glad that the install service was so bad!

I have read the reviews of the new VF TV and am glad that VF have not been able to fulfill the order I placed for it at the beginning of December.  As many people have commented it would appear from a users perspective that this has been brought to the market too early.  I ordered it as part of an upgrade to FibreX - great sales pitch from a New Zealander in a New Zealand call centre.  Following day got call from Chorus to arrange install - booked a convenient time and the installer from Chorus appeared as promised. He installed the Fibre X modem - happy with that.  He then tried to get a 'code' from Sky to connect VF TV ...that's when it all went to custard!  Numerous calls to a call centre not in NZ where everyone has a very English sounding name and speaks a funny kind of American pigeon English.  Someone from Chorus called again to install a fibre X modem - which we already had...still not VF TV and its now nearly 2 months since I ordered it.   Which as I said I am glad about as i think sticking with the VF/Sky box and using Netflix (which works really well with the FibreX!) is the way to go. 

From my experience I would stay well clear of VF TV ....certainly if until there is at least one review that raves about it!

Starter Poster

by IanCox Starter Poster
Message 43 of 46 (170 Views)

Ok my honest review is as follows. Yes it took nearly 3 weeks to get up and running and yes I spoke to customer support at least once per day but Vodafone did get it sorted in the end.

The billing is crap doulble billed etc and the lag between getting totally wrong bills to getting one so you can sort it all out (the call center billing people are rubbish)

As for the TV service I like it it will be alot better once we can record all of the channels (im sure it will come). The iOS app can be a bit picky at times but it more down to your local wifi than vodafone. I dumped my Vodafone router and used my own so much better control for me. 

I'd love to know how to tell if I've actually watched a recording or not when it done on series link. Also it appears some series links dont record the shows but re-runs instead.

All in all its good and it will maybe a while till its great but good so far and waiting for it to be great well done VF.

Starter Poster

by PeterK Starter Poster
Message 44 of 46 (155 Views)

Like IanCox I had the same issues that he had with the billing setup, (I would hope that these issues get read and corrected ASAP for future customers of Vodafone), not an easy time. As for the Vodafone TV, the more I have used the TV box the quicker I have been in locating both the programs I have recorded and accessing the TV channel's displayed. I do not live by the TV and do not get upset if I miss a programe I have waiting to see, like some other uses and viewers. It is a bit unfortunate that you only have a certain amount of time to watch a programe, this needs to change. And only having one profile user that can access the TV box when turning on needs to change. We have been told by Vodafone that we will be able to record all channels so I would hope that this issue is honored with future updates. Uses of Vodafone TV that send in negative comments should be the ones that, should be helping Vodafone in the setting up of a new way of viewing TV. As I said I have been moving a lot quicker around the EPG the more I us it, and like IanCox I think it is good but it will be a while until it is great.

Posted from Samsung SM-T710
Community Manager

Message 45 of 46 (142 Views)
Thanks for your feedback. Multiple profiles will come.
Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

Message 46 of 46 (145 Views)
@IanCox
Thanks for your considered feedback.
Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 45 Replies