The 'new' Vodafone TV - my review

Community Manager

Re: The 'new' Vodafone TV - my review - Groundhog Day?

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 21 of 45 (1,697 Views)
@AndrewRussell 5.1 audio not available yet
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

Re: The 'new' Vodafone TV - my review

by Frustrated3 New Poster
Message 22 of 45 (2,134 Views)

I got to experience this new setup at a friend’s house tonight.  Talk about frustrating.  I can’t believe you can’t record the free to air channels in the regular way.  And not knowing how far to fast forward to skip the ads is also very frustrating.  I’m encouraging them to return it ASAP and get out of the contract.  

They would be better off going back to SKY where you can record 3 channels at once and see everything in a logical manner.  They don’t need to stick with Vodafone now Vf has terminated their email service. They may as well go to Spark too.  

I certainly will will be warning other friends not to take up this new product until it’s had these issues ironed out.  

Posted from Apple iPad
New Poster

by AidanMcCann New Poster
Message 23 of 45 (1,818 Views)

So sorry Vodafone but you sold me a lemon. After 3 days of frustration I will be returning my flash looking box to your shop in Paraparaumu and reverting to my old SKY box. 

Your new Vodafone will not record Newshub on TV3, a rewind button which shows a timer as opposed to a picture can only be described as laughable, why do I need to view a menu when I power up this unit.

My thanks to Rory and Isabella for their assistance in resolving this issue. 

To anyone who is considering a switch to the new Vodafone , my advice is to think carefully. 

Posted from Samsung SM-J500Y
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 24 of 45 (1,817 Views)

@AidanMcCann

Thanks for your feedback, sorry it's not for you.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster PeterK Regular Poster
Message 25 of 45 (1,728 Views)

Well said floydblock, these are two/three updates that need to be added to the new Vodafone TV setup, and not left for new and current user's of Vodafone to find out 'when upgrading'. Also noting that in all the messages added to this post, 'we as users' have only read two limited replies from community managers.

Posted from Samsung SM-T710
New Poster

by Sanmen New Poster
Message 26 of 45 (1,520 Views)

Sales team is disappointing.

After 2 months of being connected with vodafone TV I am still unsure what plan I am on...

Everytime I try to call sales team their overseas call centre team promises that someone from sales team will call me in a 1-2 business days. Waiting for last 5-6 weeks now but no one has called as yet. Poor, rubbish, crazy, customer service,,,,

They have charged me more than double the amount I was promised the connection for but these bludgers do not care...

All of a sudden I am now getting sky movies...which I never subscribed for. Is this a new way of making more money?Smiley Mad

Starter Poster

by neillo1 Starter Poster
Message 27 of 45 (1,493 Views)

Good luck with this - I spent about a month trying to sort plan out. I specifically asked for email respnses to have a record but they just rang with vague promises and nothing has changed. Specifcally I had difficulty understanding the person when I signed up but I didn't believe I would be paying more than I had previously.

Both months so far they have also charged me for the old Sky package as well so ring them up and they reduce the amount but their system can't generate a new bill. Despite me returning old box to a Vodafone shop I've been rung up three times asking where it is.

Think VTV shows promise but would have been better waiting to release it until all problems sorted.

You may have Sky Movies for free until end of February as got a letter a couple of weeks ago with this offer.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by IanHollins Starter Poster
Message 28 of 45 (1,478 Views)

Hi

When I signed up for the New Vodafone TV they told me it came with the Unlimited Broadband package, usual rate $94.99. as attached.

Voadfone Package with Voadfone TV.jpg

Starter Poster

by AndrewMaxwell Starter Poster
Message 29 of 45 (1,414 Views)

I would also agree to anyone looking at this device. It clearly has issues which no one seems to know how to fix.

My boxes will both loose internet connection and usually displays an error (AC401), to which isn't listed on the FAQ's to give me a hint as to what to do. One box is connected through wifi extenders through bridge mode, the other is wired and right now both boxes are telling me the same error. The internet connection is working as the Vodafone TV is currently telling me there isn't an internet connection, but yet here I am posting..

Ringing tech support I only get told that you have to reset your ultra hub, vodafone TVs and any wifi extenders to get it working. When I asked how often I should be doing this a day, I was told any time I have a problem. Even enquiring if three times a day was normal, I was told it was normal for any network to need to be restarted multiple times a day.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster AaronSmithson76 Frequent Poster
Message 30 of 45 (1,368 Views)

Andrew I have had a similar issue. Expect mine I ahve my VodaTV boxes plugged in to a gig wired network and in one of the spots 1 have one of the extenders acting as Access Point. Occasionly one by one all my devices on my network would loose the ability to surf the internet and then loose its IP address and start using a self assigned one. I would have to reboot the router multiple times. At first I thought it was my new Ultra Hub router. But it has now happened to my older HG659 that I switched to. Things appear to be more stable now that I took out the Vodafone Extenders.

Stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 48w ago
  • 33 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors