Sky TV Packages Updates - What is going on with Vodafone not price matching yet?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Sky TV Packages Updates - What is going on with Vodafone not price matching yet?

by Paddles Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (2,467 Views)

Hi,

May I enquire what  Vodafone is doing regards Sky's new price structure or at least voice some discontent that I am sure many of your customer's share.

Many of us have Sky for the Sport's channels. Many of us are not on Vodafone's free sport offer of last year (as we missed out on it).

Sky TV, in an effort to make access to Sky Sport channels has split the $49.99 "Sky Basic" package into "Sky Starter" and "Sky Entertainment" for $25.00ea. This means customers could get Sky Sport for $55.00 a month.

I see on the newshub article that Vodafone will offer Sky deals in the future. "http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money/2018/02/vodafone-customers-won-t-get-sky-tv-price-cut.html"

I rang Vodafone today, and was informed that I may disconnect my account with Vodafone, and join Sky, thus saving $10.00 a month after no longer receiving the Vodafone My HDi $15.00 a month box for free.

So I then rang Sky, and enquired if I signed up with Sky, could I then transfer my deal back to Vodafone. I was told No that I could not as Vodafone do not offer the Sky Starter package. Despite both companies on their websites stating that Sky Accounts may be transferred to Vodafone.

Now I am further confused as on my Vodafone invoice, it says that I have a Sky account number. So I am in fact a Sky customer? Am I able therefore to contact Sky directly and join the Sky Starter pack and still be billed through Vodafone?

There has to be a reasonable solution to this issue. I do not even understand why Vodafone is not able to instantly implement the new Sky offers, as Vodafone customers still have sky accounts?  Right now, if I were with Sky I would be getting Soho for free. But I do not want Soho. I want to save $25.00 a month on channels that I do not watch.

So, my question is, given we Sky Account Numbers on our invoices, why are we not able to get access to current Sky Products? And if we cannot, may we cancel Sky with Vodafone, join Sky on a starter with sport plan, then transfer it to Vodafone?

Much of the attractiveness of Vodafone pricing in competition for 'landline and broadband' deals is built in th e$15.00 My Sky decoder saving. And if being billed with Sky direct becomes cheaper than with Vodafone, the various ISPS start looking quite attractive in their deals.

Starter Poster

Re: Sky TV Packages Updates - What is going on with Vodafone not price matching yet?

Message 2 of 6 (2,464 Views)

And if Sky Basic is $50.00 a month,

Sky Sport $30.00 a month, and

Sky Starter $25.00 a month,

is it safe to query that Vodafone will not be offering Sky Starter until the "one year of free Sky Sport promotion" expires in November or December this year? As Vodafone will be having customers  on Sky Starter paying only $25.00 a month with free sport for a year, for what costs Sky customers $55.00 a month (Starter plus sport) , while I am stuck paying Vodafone $80.00 a month (Basic plus Sport)?

Starter Poster

Re: Sky TV Packages Updates - What is going on with Vodafone not price matching yet?

Message 3 of 6 (2,458 Views)

And if the problem is Vodafone customers with free sport for a year paying $25.00 a month instead of $50.00, which would be $55.00 with Sky Direct, surely Vodafone would be able happy to provide the Starter package and sport to those not currently benefitting from that promotion?

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 6 (2,455 Views)

But paying $80.00 a month to Vodafone for Sky Sport, leaves me quite displeased, and the all round package deal, despite a $15.00 saving for the Sky Box, disatisfied.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (2,367 Views)

Gee thanks Vodafone, no reply nor remedy after 24 hours.

I'm not keen on paying April's bill and will produce this forum in court and if you charge for me April's in bill in court if and you try and charge me for me services that you failed provided,

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 6 (2,023 Views)

Okay - after many calls to Vodafone, I managed to get somewhere.

Vodafone is offering customers who complain about the Sky disparity in pricing a $10 a month discount on the Sky cost.

So you retain the channels you don't want, and the My Sky feature, for $40.00 a month instead of $50.00.

Their reasoning is that Sky charges $15 a month for the My Sky feature. So both would be $40.00 a month. The only difference being, Vodafone assumes that you would want the feature.

I am unsure of whether this would enable those who want Soho for free to then get Soho as they still have Sky Starter with Entertainment and a sports/movies option, I would ask, but I have enough of dealing with Vodafone for 1 month right now.

Vodafone's sky starter package built into Vodafone TV with unlimited fibre looks to be the best priced deal if you'e lucky enough to have fibre on your street. Those of us without it are looking at a $140.00 as the cheapest option to get sky sport with unlimited internet through Vodafone. I'm payhing a few dollars each more to not be locked into a long term contract as competition in these markets seems to be heating up at the moment.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 31w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor