SKy Go

New Poster

SKy Go

by DavidRobertJones New Poster
Message 1 of 7 (887 Views)

I have sky Tv as part of my Vodafone home line and braodband package but when I go the the SKy go app it tells me I don't have Sky sports so can't watch the football on my Mobile. SKy sports is on the TV right now so clearly is part of the package but can't seem to get the App to believe me.

Cheers 

David

Starter Poster

Re: SKy Go

by MegAndrews Starter Poster
Message 2 of 7 (859 Views)

i have this same problem, basically even though you "have sky" you have it through Vodafone and now everything must be watched through Vodafone TV including Sport. But the clincher is Vodafone TV app doesnt work unless you are on our home wifi or have a suitably recognised phone. Its crap David you should consider ditching Vodafone TV asap and dont send your Sky Decoders back or they will recharge you to reconnect and send out new decoders! Vodafone TV is a RORT

Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff olof Staff
Message 3 of 7 (708 Views)

Hello @MegAndrews,

You can use the SKY GO app if you have the SKY box via Vodafone. If you have the new Vodafone TV service, you should use the Vodafone TV app instead. 

You can absolutely watch TV out of home with the Vodafone TV app.The app currently has 25 channels with "out of home" mobile viewing, including all of the SKY sport channels. (And additional channels are supported for in home viewing.) Noting that our product team is working hard to improve mobile rights on an ongoing basis. 

Hope this helps.

Starter Poster

by ewanc Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (800 Views)
Hi i have vftv and sky go and all works for me..make you have set your sky provider to vodafone on your sky account on skytv.co.nz. i would not ditch vftv. Ive got alot more choice now than i ever had.. and i now have skygo on my android tv so get access to all the sky ondemand content now..
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Starter Poster

by Minty1978 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (577 Views)

Hi ewanc. I would love to know how you changed your Sky provider to Vodafone. How did you do it through Sky.co.nz?

Instructions would be very gratefully received!! THanks.

Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 6 of 7 (712 Views)

Hello @DavidRobertJones,

To clarify, do you have a SKY MySKY box via Vodafone, or do you have the new Vodafone TV service?

• If you have a MySKY box via Vodafone you can indeed use the SKY GO service. If this is not working for you, this is something we need to help you resolve.
  • If you have the new Vodafone TV app, you should use the "Vodafone TV" app available on the app store instead.

Hope this helps.

Starter Poster

by Minty1978 Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (580 Views)

Hi Olof

With the switch to Vodafone TV I have lost the ability to watch Sky on demand via skygo.co.nz on my laptop. The Vodafone TV app is not available to download onto my laptop. I'm paying the same and getting way less functionality. Please explain.

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors