Recorder cuts off before end of programmes

Starter Poster

Recorder cuts off before end of programmes

by lyn1 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (488 Views)

I see this has been discussed before. Has anything been done about it ? Its really annoying. Seriously thinking of going back to SKY . The buffer only adds to the beginning.. At least with SKY you could add to the end of a programme. Whats going on Vodafone ???

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Recorder cuts off before end of programmes

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 6 (452 Views)

Hey @lyn1

Is this happening just series linked programs by any chance? If  so any series links/recordings that you have setup previously would need to be cancelled and reprogrammed to acknowledge the padding buffer change.

Thanks

^HamishA

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by MrsPet New Poster
Message 3 of 6 (409 Views)

Been there, done that, and the buffer only adds 10 mins prior to the programme starting not at the end when you need it, there is also no feature to fast forward the 10mins to get to the start of the programme - where as Sky you could either put in the 10 mins or skip to the last 10 mins if you needed to. The only good thing about that is if the programme you were recording following the original means you can see the end of the programme by watching the last 10 mins sefore the next programme, but if you aren't recording the next programme you miss out.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by lyn1 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (329 Views)

Not getting any further with this problem of cutting off the programmes at the end. Rang Vodafone, did a factory reset and various other stuff, unplugging modem etc etc and its still doing it !!!  Recorded  Tour de France.. Not impressed to miss the end after watching for hours !!!! Now recording following programmes just to make sure we dont miss ending again. Shouldnt have to do this. Its ridiculous. Can we change back to MySky? At least we had more control over recordings ..... Not good enough Vodafone

Starter Poster

by KarynneThompson Starter Poster
Message 5 of 6 (309 Views)

I agree I'd love to back to MySky. The service desk is useless. Since we moved to fibre, you need to talk to one person for one thing and be put through to someone else for the next thing. wasting a lot of time going from pillar to post and back again.

Starter Poster

by lyn1 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (304 Views)

I see on another similar post [there are quite a few about problems !] someone gave the email of the CEO for Vodafone. He went direct to him to complain and to get released from his contract. I am going to do the same . It's a very sub-standard service. Wonder if it will get better or worse when they join forces with SKY??

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 48w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today