Instant on Mode not persisting

Regular Poster

Instant on Mode not persisting

by Regular Poster Muntedkiwi Regular Poster
Message 1 of 8 (362 Views)

Does anyone know how to get the 'Instant on Mode' to be permanent? No matter how many times I try to set this it reverts even during the current session to the power saving mode.

Power saving mode is less than satisfactory. Restrarting after pausing takes 5 secs to fade in. Changing channels is also slow to fade in. Start up is slow. I don't get why this is the default.

Starter Poster

Re: Instant on Mode not persisting

by meganh Starter Poster
Message 2 of 8 (122 Views)

Hi.  I hope you will understand what I am about to write.  Last night I spent over an hour on the phone with a nice Vodafone Rep trying to fix the freezing problem and she told me I needed to switch to the Instant on Mode.  We have two smart boxes and she had me resetting these several times but I kept telling her it would always default back to Power Saving Mode until I mentioned power saving mode was grey but highlighted while Instant mode was a darker shade of green but not highlighted.  She told me as long as it was green the Instant Mode was on!!! I was just not convinced I told her by moving the remote to the right the Instant On Mode became a brighter green and highlighted but she kept telling me no you are now on Power saving mode.  It still doesn’t make sense but she said this was how software developers programmed things.  In the end I said ok I will leave it as you say and we will see if it helps with the freezing problem.  Unfortunately tv only on for 10minutes this morning and it has already frozen twice.  Very frustrating.  Muntedkiwi I really would like to know if you have solved your issue.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Message 3 of 8 (118 Views)

Hi meganh,

No, we are still suffering like you are. You can tell if instant mode is working because when you pause it should not take 5secs to fully fade back in. I've tried all sorts of combinations to get instant mode to stick, but nothing has worked yet.

Every day over the last few months we have been getting freezes.

Shoddy equipment, shoddy services, shoddy product, shoddy support.

Starter Poster

by meganh Starter Poster
Message 4 of 8 (101 Views)

Thanks for that tip I will try it tonight.  Still puzzled that to be on Instant mode it is just showing as a basic green but if on power saving mode the green is bright and highlighted just doesn’t seem right to me.  Is this the case for you with your box staying on power save mode.  

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Message 5 of 8 (92 Views)

For us the Power Saving mode has a highlight around it. Just can't get the Instant mode to persist after turning off the TV. We might be different from most other users because we fully turn off the TV and turn off the via the remote as well.

Starter Poster

by meganh Starter Poster
Message 6 of 8 (90 Views)

That is exactly what both my tvs show highlighted around power saving mode but as long as the Instant mode square is green (not green and highlighted) apparently that means it is on Instant mode.  Even if I turn off tv and smart box it still looks the same.  I did try your tip though and after pausing it starts straight away so perhaps it is on Instant mode but freezing hasn’t stopped ☹️  I see they are working hard to resolve that issue so here’s hoping

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Message 7 of 8 (89 Views)

Mine always displays with Power saving mode highlighted. Instant mode is green but not enabled. It is green regardless of which option is selected. It goes bright green when instant mode is selected. Mine always take 5secs to fade back in so it is not in instant mode.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by meganh Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (73 Views)

That is exactly like both our tvs and according to Vodafone if the green is enabled and highlighted you are in power saving mode.  That is the part I can’t get my head around. Here’s hoping all the issues get resolved.  Cheers

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors