Frustrated early on!!

Starter Poster

Frustrated early on!!

by ReedMiddleton Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (630 Views)

I have just switched to Vodafone TV and all was working ok on day one (yesterday), other than it being woefully slow to move around menus 

Today, the box can't find the internet at all and I am getting error "SC002 - Sorry cant connect to the internet. Please check your router. "

The internet is working fine in the house and both wifi extenders are showing with the LAN lights on so why would it not be working?!

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Frustrated early on!!

by Staff olof Staff
Message 2 of 7 (599 Views)

Should definitetely be working fine!

Before we troubleshoot any further, can you please turn the power off and then on again on both WiFi extenders and the set-top box? Then let me know if this does not resolve the issue. 

Then, a couple of follow-up questions:

- How many set-top boxes do you have, one or two?

- How many WiFi extenders do you have?

- Can you confirm that the WiFi extender connected to the router has the switch on the back in the "AP" setting?

- Can you confirm that the WiFi extender connected to the set-top box has the switch on the back in the "Station" setting?

Starter Poster

by ReedMiddleton Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (456 Views)

Hi Olof,

Apologies for the delay I have been away. 

It is mostly working fine for a good chunk of the day, but every day or second day at best we get the below message pop up and have to pretty much reset everything to get it going. I would think it should be more stable than that? 

Any thoughts?

"Can not connect to server or connection lost"

Thanks

Reed

Starter Poster

by jodymcb Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (434 Views)

I couldn't agree more with this post, vodafone TV is the worst product I've had the unfortunate pleasure of using.  It crashes all the time, freezes, looses internet connection, slow to change channels, no guarentee that a channel is going to play & recordings get screwed up when recording tv series.

Tonight none of my recordings are playing.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss my old sky box, at least it just worked.

Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 7 (382 Views)
Having same issue getting error sc401 and message saying no internet connection yet settings state network connected.

Unless someone can assist back to Sky I am going. Reading other posts this seems like a common error!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Laurence1979 Regular Poster
Message 6 of 7 (368 Views)

unplug your wifi extender power and the STB power wait 30sec plug back in and wait for the network to reestablish

should work

been doing this almost daily for the last few months when I changed over from My SKY, try turning the stb box off via the remote once you've done watching for the night seems to lessen the occurance of lost connection

Starter Poster

by ewanc Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (333 Views)
Try using a 2g band not a 5g and see how it goes also put your gear on a surge protector.
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 11w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 6 Contributors