Freezing Vodafone TV

Frequent Poster

Freezing Vodafone TV

by Frequent Poster AaronSmithson76 Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 13 (548 Views)

I really gave Vodafone TV a shot.

It was great when if first came out, Didnt get the freezing issues back then.

Its like Vodafone doesnt have the bandwidth to cope with all the users streaming.

Its more annoying than RainFade with Sky. Expecially with trying to watch Live Sports.

Has anyone got GigFibre and VodafoneTV do you still get Freezing issues?

Starter Poster

Re: Freezing Vodafone TV

by Dave_McLean Starter Poster
Message 2 of 13 (511 Views)

Yes, 2 or 3 times each evening.  I can often get it going again by hitting the -20 sec button but it's a real nuisance.

Starter Poster

by Thehandleys Starter Poster
Message 3 of 13 (458 Views)

Yes, it’s been happening to us too. Freezing now and then during the evening. Then today, all our recordings and scheduled recordings have disappeared.  The little circle on the guide still shows that the programmes are scheduled to record, but we can’t access them.

We have had Vodafone Tv for 2months now and we are really underwhelmed. With the system also dropping out from time to time we are seriously thinking about sending it back and going back to sky. The whole system seems to be too unstable to give proper value. Really appreciating how stable the My sky system was in comparison. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Frequent Poster

Message 4 of 13 (439 Views)

Is it just a bandwidth issue? say if we move to Gigabit Fibre will we still have the same problem?

Although I have 2 VodafoneTV boxes and have noticed sometimes both boxes will freeze (even watching different channels)

Both are hardwired into the Router.

Starter Poster

by Dave_McLean Starter Poster
Message 5 of 13 (403 Views)

I'm on a FibreX 200 plan and we consistently have 200 Mb/s download speed available when the TV is choking up.

Starter Poster

by MartynAndyDawson Starter Poster
Message 6 of 13 (323 Views)

This is happening to me also, has been doing it for a few weeks now. IS this not a fault but a capacity issue?

Our internet works fine...

Contributor

by Contributor Valleyman Contributor
Message 7 of 13 (228 Views)

Totally agree, one would think lessons were learnt with capacity problems over in aussie not long ago with a major sports event being streamed

Frequent Poster

Message 8 of 13 (238 Views)

I ahve just upgraded to FibreMax still get freezing issues. some times it can be fine for hours other times it can be happening every 2-3 minutes. which is a killer when trying to watch live sports. This needs to be fixed.

New Poster

by HUMPFREY New Poster
Message 9 of 13 (215 Views)

Yep happening to me too. Seems a common problem. Come on VF share a fix with us.

Nothing worse than watching a programme and it freezes. 

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
New Poster

by KathrinBerger New Poster
Message 10 of 13 (192 Views)

same thing happening here on a daily basis. I really like the concept of Vodafone TV but the reality of it does unfortunately not stack up at the moment. 

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors