Freezing TV

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Freezing TV

by Regular Poster Anitacally Regular Poster
Message 1 of 5 (569 Views)
Why the vodafone TV keep freezing while watching TV it is getting annoying.

Please Vodafone fix this issue its beckmi g more regular now it should do it.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

Re: Freezing TV

by DaveRobinson Starter Poster
Message 2 of 5 (563 Views)

Give up mate, they obviously have.

Starter Poster

by KenBerry Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (549 Views)

I gave up on it pretty quickly and about 3 weeks or so ago cancelled out, and got my SKY box back again. So relieved -- and it was easier than you might think. 

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Anitacally Regular Poster
Message 4 of 5 (545 Views)
Did you have it long and if not did you have to early cancelation fee??
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by KenBerry Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (542 Views)

I had it installed only a couple of days when I realized what a huge mistake I had made. I got a bit depressed, and believe me, I am not someone who gets depressed easily. I still had the SKY box and used only that for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, my SKY account then closed, and I had no alternative but the Vodafone TV box. So I used that for another two weeks or so, getting even more depressed: connections dropping out almost every day; many of the programs I usually watched not allowing themselves to be recorded; wrestling with Fast Forward (guessing how far to go); programs I had recorded only a few days earlier disappearing. So I finally decided my mental health was worth more than worrying about cancellation fees.

As a former lawyer myself, I thought there would be a cancellation fee -- even though I had never signed a contract. I was prepared to argue the point, but was prepared even to ultimately pay any fee they wanted, just to get out of the awful cycle. To my surprise, when I rang Vodafone to cancel out, I got some arguments, but they were not pressed strongly against me, and there was no mention of a cancellation fee. Mind you, I had already been a Vodafone client for over 8 years. I had to ring SKY to open a new account with them, but that has now been integrated into my Vodafone account, just as it had been before. I had to pay a reconnection fee ($49) and the first month direct to the SKY technician who brought back My SKY+ box the very next day. I was more than happy to pay, and overjoyed to have the SKY box back again, and no more problems!!

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors