Free Soho or no free Soho what is the answer?

Starter Poster

Free Soho or no free Soho what is the answer?

by AnthonyPeters Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (1,618 Views)

As most people are aware Sky has changed their pricing recently and if you were subscribed to their movies channel on top of the basic package you would now get SOHO free of charge come March 1st.

Sure enough I have what i assumed equalled the equivalent package via Voda and on March 1 SOHO popped up for my viewing pleasure. This was great until a week or so later when it unfortunately locked itself again. 

I hurridly contacted the folk at sky to see if perhaps something was wrong with the channel and after a couple of days they managed to reply telling me to contact vodafone.

Naturally I did exactly this and well that was 3 days ago and vodafones facebook support have yet to reply............

So im not big on dealing with Voda over the phone (we have history) so I turn here and pose this question.

By any chance did SKY catch you off guard? You didnt have any packages prepared to go like for like with Voda and im guessing you arent prepared to offer SOHO free right now with the equivalent package and have probably rescinded the access that was given earlier.

If this is right and SOHO is still being charged seperately to the movie package please let me know so I can start unbundling my product as it will work out cheaper in the long run.

Cheers

Anthony

Starter Poster

Re: Free Soho or no free Soho what is the answer?

by KarinBennenbroek Starter Poster
Message 2 of 9 (1,588 Views)

I too will be VERY interested in hearing what Vodafone has to say about this!  We too had SoHo for a few days and then it was removed!  We have Sky's basic package plus Sky Sport, Sky Movies, Rialto plus other extras.  We are using a SKY product are we not??  

Starter Poster

by flemingh Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (1,584 Views)

My guess is that they were going to pass on the free SOHO from Sky but then realised it conflicted with their free Sports or SOHO deal for signing up for 12/24 months

Starter Poster

by SharonDimond Starter Poster
Message 4 of 9 (1,442 Views)

I contacted vodafone ot at least attempted too.

four calls, two hangups, no new zealand based person, what a total joke.

Vodafone advertised that soho would  be free if you had a movie or sports package.  we have both, had soho free for two days then was removed.

attempts to contact were a total shambles

please advise why the soho was removed

New Poster

by cmsolly New Poster
Message 5 of 9 (1,288 Views)

I was offered Soho free with my package (written clearly on my contract) and they have charged me for it the last three months - I have called them, e-mailed them, promised a call back, but have just recieved yet another bill with it charged incorrectly. They also have charged me for a full month vTV when they hadn't even set it up! Still waiting for some contact...

Starter Poster

by MikeFoxtrot Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (1,156 Views)

After wasting 40 minutes of my life and getting bumped to three different call centre staff with my Soho query, I think I managed to find out that Sky hasn't offered the free Soho offer to Vodafone customers. Told they could offer it to me or change my Sky pricing. They did offer to reduce my broadband/phone price to compensate. Great!.....Until I get a following email indicating my monthly broadband/phone is now $10 more per month. Now to do battle with trying to sort out what heck is going on.

Starter Poster

by SharonDimond Starter Poster
Message 7 of 9 (1,149 Views)
Vodafone advertised it as being free to customers who had sky with them

Then gave to us for a week then removed.

not sure how legal this is but when our contract for free sport is up in November I wont hestitate now to go with another fibre provider and sky directly
Starter Poster

by kaybee Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (1,147 Views)

Seems Vodafone advertises that we are supposed to be getting 'access' to the exact same services and prices as Sky customers.. we technically are still Sky customers as we can still login to Skytv website which shows that we are a 'subscription' customer which shows all the channels that we are subscribed to and that we are entitled to Free SoHo.  Vodafone are unwilling to fulfill their promise as shown on their website as they are not giving us the exact same service any longer!!  A case for the Commerce Commission for misleading their customers?!

vfonesky.JPG

Starter Poster

by MikeFoxtrot Starter Poster
Message 9 of 9 (1,137 Views)

Typo in my post :

Told they couldn't offer it to me or change my Sky pricing.

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors