Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

Starter Poster

Re: Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

by sisyphus10 Starter Poster
Message 31 of 38 (501 Views)

Something strange happening here. There is a post from randjv three up from this one which was posted well after the intervening two. So I am replying to that one.

Specifically, I have a Chromecast Ultra which I bought after I sent back the Vodafone TV box. It will certainly do at least some of the On Demand stuff, plus services like Netflix and Lightbox. And it is not expensive -- prices in the range of $69 for an ordinary Chromecast and $109 for the Ultra model.

But just bear in mind that if you send back the Vodafone TV box, you will still need something to give you access to free to air TV stations (TVNZ etc) as Chromecast will not give you direct access to them. In my case, I got the SKY box back, and so can access free to air TV that way. (In fact the very latest version of the SKY box contains a facility to give you access to at least SKY channels on demand.) The other way, of course, which would be cheaper, is to buy a freeview box -- though if you want a recording facility, a freeview box/recorder is still quite expensive (several hundred dollars?)

Chromecast, of course, has no recording facility.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster MicheleHarte Regular Poster
Message 32 of 38 (423 Views)

how do we fix this problem... mine has been like this for the past 3 days - I have reset all settings!!

TV/Netflix, cannot watch a thing!!

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster MicheleHarte Regular Poster
Message 33 of 38 (403 Views)

watch out Vodafone ... I am ringing you tomorrow .... will you be ready for me.

A long weekend and unable to watch sky, netflex via your Vodafone TV.... 

Starter Poster

by LynnBarton Starter Poster
Message 34 of 38 (222 Views)

I will be returning my sky tv box to vodafone and going back with regular sky. This has been nearly 3 months of hell witth vodafone tv. 

Starter Poster

by LynnBarton Starter Poster
Message 35 of 38 (226 Views)

I am so frustrated with vodafone TV Watching the all blacks aand once again the screen froze and after3 hors we are still not able to connect. I have unplugged so many times bit still no connecton. We got an email last week saying these problems had been solved but not.

New Poster

Cannot connect to server or connection lost - Vodafone TV not working.

by MichaelHobbs New Poster
Message 36 of 38 (143 Views)

We have had Vodafone TV for two days, and already have an endless string of issues, now while watching it just cut out without warning, and since we have had an error message "Cannot connect to server or connection lost" ... Restarted the box, internet, router... nothing works, internet is completely fine.... looks like we have just been sold a completely dud service as I see many others have this issue ongoing for months.

Starter Poster

Re: Cannot connect to server or connection lost - Vodafone TV not working.

[ Edited ]
by Hanzie Starter Poster
Message 37 of 38 (102 Views)

Same here... see message #38

I restart the router extender attached to Vodafone box, after a while the darned thing comes back to live. But no guarantees... it can loose the connection anytime...

What annoys me most is the 'deafening silence' from Vodafone!

Obviously they don't monitor this community board.

Basically I see myself as a beta tester, who still has to pay for the service...

Unimpressed...

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Hanzie Starter Poster
Message 38 of 38 (113 Views)

Since I have my Vodafone TV installed last Friday, I have had the 'Cannot connect to server or connection lost' issue multiple times with the only solution to restart the router connected to the setup box. I have seen 4 pages on this community page with the same issue, but I have not seen any 'official' Vodafone reaction that gives a reason why this happens or for that matter what the solution is.

I feel that customers are used a beta-testers who have to pay for their effort....

VODAFONE where is your official reaction?? I have a long laundry list of complaints about your poor support. Hanging on the phone for more than an hour is not what I would call support.

Man Mad

Stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 26w ago
  • 15 Kudos
  • 18 Contributors