Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

Starter Poster

Re: Cannot connect to server or connection lost - trying to watch TV

[ Edited ]
by Muriwaisuzi Starter Poster
Message 21 of 38 (962 Views)

I'm getting this same message on a recorded program.  We were watching the recording, it froze, and ever since can not resume watching the recording or delete it.

The program is QI on UK TV from 7:30PM Wednesday evening if that helps.

NB: This error message is not incuded on the Error Codes section of the Help Page linked.

Starter Poster

by pamgar Starter Poster
Message 22 of 38 (910 Views)

I recorded Poldark on Prime last week and when I try to watch it  I also get this message.. I can watch all other recordings. Is it a Prime problem. Now, how am I going to watch the final of Poldark. Really annoying!!

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 23 of 38 (906 Views)

@pamgar wrote:

I recorded Poldark on Prime last week and when I try to watch it  I also get this message.. I can watch all other recordings. Is it a Prime problem. Now, how am I going to watch the final of Poldark. Really annoying!!

Catch-up programs and recordings are unavailable for all services that experienced loss during this outage last week.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by pamgar Starter Poster
Message 24 of 38 (902 Views)

I recorded a prog on another channel at the same time and was able to watch that so it seems not everything was affected.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 25 of 38 (897 Views)

@pamgar wrote:

I recorded a prog on another channel at the same time and was able to watch that so it seems not everything was affected.

Yes not all channels were impacted during this outage. The channel your recording at the time was successful on must not have been impacted by this outage Smiley Happy.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
New Poster

by nel5ta New Poster
Message 26 of 38 (734 Views)

Yes, I have exactly the same issue but for me it’s when trying to watch recordings from Discovery, and it’s happening when I attempt to resume watching recordings that were previously accessible. I also get the same unhelpful error message and in some cases a complete system freeze. This is so obviously a server-side issue. What gives Vodafone? This has been reported by enough of us to warrant it being a real bug and it needs to be sorted. Don’t force us to vote with our feet. 

Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster dbatten Frequent Poster
Message 27 of 38 (694 Views)

We rarely watch live TV - so we have had episodes from at least 6 programs not accessable due to this outage most of which  are only just becoming apparrent. All subscribers of the VfTV service should have been notified immediately re the extent of the problem via social media / this community group at the very least!

Vodafone promised a software upgrade for the known issues that form the substance of this group that was planned for March/April last but nothing has happened meanwhile wa are paying for a substandard service that if implemented properly could be the gold standard. db

Starter Poster

by randjv Starter Poster
Message 28 of 38 (565 Views)

Did the outage happen again on Saturday 13th October - as I was having issues with TV around 8pm?

Between this issue and TV freezing, I too am frustrated with the quality of this product... I moved to Vodafone TV a) to avoid rain fade type SKY issues; b) for the better pricing and c) as I wanted to enjoy watching on demand / Netflix programs and my TV can't connect to the internet by itself - I'm wondering if I should save myself more money and go with an internet dongle (like google chromecast???

Starter Poster

by DaveRobinson Starter Poster
Message 29 of 38 (624 Views)

I wonder about how the Commerce Commission would feel about an organisation continuing to sell a known faulty product.

Starter Poster

by KenBerry Starter Poster
Message 30 of 38 (620 Views)

Probably could be worth trying to find out. I didn't try that, though as a retired lawyer myself, I certainly queried being offered a product with so many obvious problems that did not at all meet the promises made to me. But I just withdrew from it, and got my SKY box back again. Couldn't be happier!

Stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 26w ago
  • 15 Kudos
  • 18 Contributors