Beware Vodafone TV Box

Starter Poster

Re: Beware Vodafone TV Box

by PaulKirker Starter Poster
Message 11 of 19 (1,213 Views)

OK, well it's 3 or 4 weeks now since I did what you suggested and disabled the 5GHz band on the router.  I would say the dropping off problem has improved a little bit in that the drop offs are occuring several times a week now rather than every day.  But it is still annoying that it is happening at all.  Also a new little problem has cropped up in that quite often the screen just freezes for a minute or 2 and then just as I think I might need to reboot again, the programme resumes.  I can only conclude the problem lies with the hardware supplied by vodafone, the HG659 router and the Wifi extender units, they must be poor quality.  All in all this is far from satisfactory and I wonder why i am paying for such a lousy service!  Perhaps Vodafone should send a technician around to my house to see if they can figure something out??

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by dlunny Starter Poster
Message 12 of 19 (1,163 Views)

Totally agree with what you have said PaulKirker

I was the some talked in to switching from Sky TV to the new Vodafone TV Box by a smooth-talking telemarketer only to find all these faults with the box and like you say for the full price {same as Sky}. If I knew what I no now I would have never changed until they had it the same as Sky tv.

Thanks David

Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 13 of 19 (687 Views)
I should have read these posts two weeks ago as have just changed from SKY to Vodafone TV and now experiencing all the same issues as mentioned in this thread!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by ewanc Starter Poster
Message 14 of 19 (648 Views)
Something else too try is put a surge protector on your plugs. Also make the extender is not near a high voltage device. Stove or microwave. Also check if you have a device in the house that turns on and off by itself this may draw alot of current on startup.. older tvs computers and screens do this.. also something i read somewhere and im sure vodafone may poopoo it is thay the vstb power supply is prone to low voltage spikes hence way i put it on a surge protector on it as well as all the other vf gear.
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Starter Poster

by Rooney Starter Poster
Message 15 of 19 (551 Views)

Dont forget that there are no subtitles,in this day and age you would think that it would be a no brainer 

Starter Poster

by MelBaker Starter Poster
Message 16 of 19 (391 Views)

Really wish I had read this before I agreed to Vodafone TV - every night we have to reboot the systems to go.  Freezing is occuring on a regular basis.  What absolute cr*p!

Starter Poster

by xpertz Starter Poster
Message 17 of 19 (365 Views)
There’s the skip 20 seconds button. I use this to skip the ads. It actually works better because you never go beyond the ads like I use to when I did the fast forward on the MySky.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by xpertz Starter Poster
Message 18 of 19 (362 Views)
On a side note, these problems do exist, but I’m still saving $40 per month... for me, the savings is worth these small issues that hopefully will be fixed in the future.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 19 of 19 (342 Views)
To Vodafones credit accepted the return of Vodafone TV on resigning with sky received a great discount for 3 mths so all good. NO doubt will be a good product when all faults resolved but for now happy to be back with Sky
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 9 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors