Beware Vodafone TV Box

Starter Poster

Re: Beware Vodafone TV Box

by xpertz Starter Poster
Message 21 of 37 (1,188 Views)
There’s the skip 20 seconds button. I use this to skip the ads. It actually works better because you never go beyond the ads like I use to when I did the fast forward on the MySky.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by xpertz Starter Poster
Message 22 of 37 (1,166 Views)
On a side note, these problems do exist, but I’m still saving $40 per month... for me, the savings is worth these small issues that hopefully will be fixed in the future.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 23 of 37 (1,140 Views)
To Vodafones credit accepted the return of Vodafone TV on resigning with sky received a great discount for 3 mths so all good. NO doubt will be a good product when all faults resolved but for now happy to be back with Sky
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by PhilClark Starter Poster
Message 24 of 37 (593 Views)

Just letting you know I am hard wired house and my vodafone TV and still getting the freeze problem. So do not think its the wireless unit playing. Must be more on the software in the box IMPO.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PaulKirker Starter Poster
Message 25 of 37 (564 Views)

Thanks, that's very interesting!  Have you complained to Vodafone about it?  It's driving me mad!

New Poster

by BronwynHedges New Poster
Message 26 of 37 (313 Views)

I also have found that I was contacted by Vodafone & ended up leaving Sky and taking all my services to Vodafone. I also have my moden in a different rooms & have wifi extender units to boost the signal to the TV boxes.  Unfortunately the still signal drops off frequently and I have to perform a reboot to get things up and running again. 

I also would advise people to think wisely & research, before you switch from Sky.  In retrospect we also probably would not have made the switch if I knew what the problems were. 

Please Vodafone, get your act together as we are still getting problems, even after the upgrade on 12th November 2018.

Starter Poster

by PaulKirker Starter Poster
Message 27 of 37 (295 Views)

Thanks for your post.  I too am still suffering screen freezing despite Vodafone making a big hullabaloo about having solved the problem.  I am seriously sick of it, it has been going on too long now!  They also say they are looking to overcome other problems such as the FFW & RWD but that hasn't happened.  One of my biggest bugbears is the limited number of programmes that can be recorded.  For example I pressed series record for UK X Factor and this worked for the prelim rounds but I wondered why the finals rounds hadn't recorded - then I noticed they weren't available to record!  Vodafone says they have to negotiate one by one programmes they can access for recording - I say they had better sharpen up their negotiating skills!  I'm actually wondering if the Commerce Commission should be notified of what is going on with this product, it is not living up to Vodafone's marketing and is surely a faulty product!

Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 28 of 37 (288 Views)
Looks like issues still continuing so glad I changed back to Sky. My paitience was much lower and after 2 weeks sent it back, phoned Sky to reconnect, Sky gave me a new deal and things are all good again. To Vodafones credit there was no debate when I phoned and said you can have your Vodafone TV back, sent a courier bag and I paid only for what I used.

The concept of what they are attempting to do is great but execution to date poor.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by simonharley Starter Poster
Message 29 of 37 (284 Views)

Yes I also bailed from Voda TV after 3 weeks and went back to Sky.  Too many problems that weren't being resolved.  Basically they launched too early without being properly ready.

To be fair Vodafone were very good about me pulling out, no hassle, sent the courier bag for teh box return etc.

Sky were also accomodating with 3 months of initial discounts too.

Starter Poster

by Dave_McLean Starter Poster
Message 30 of 37 (273 Views)
Since the upgrade two weeks ago the service at my place has been faultless, although mine is strictly hard-wired.

For all the horrible shortcomings of the user inteface I have to say that for me the "watch on catchup" and the ability to skip the ads is a game-changer and I could never go back now. Apart from the few ad-free channels, watching in real time has become unbearable.
Stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 9 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors