6 Months Netflix Offer for Existing Red+ Customers

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

6 Months Netflix Offer for Existing Red+ Customers

by garethbristow Starter Poster
Message 1 of 12 (4,611 Views)

I read on the Herald recently that the 6 month Netflix offer would be extended to existing customers. However I can't find any reference to that on the Vodafone website. Nothing in the FAQ or the www.vodafone.co.nz/netflix section.

Does anyone know how I can claim this?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: 6 Months Netflix Offer for Existing Red+ Customers

by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 9 of 12 (5,810 Views)

It explains on this page:

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/netflix/

*Netflix offer is available to new and re-signing customers between 24 March and 30 June.

Capture.PNG

re-signing customers are existing Vodafone customers wanting to take advantage of this offer Smiley Happy

- Kamrin

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Business Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 12 (4,606 Views)

@garethbristow You would need to sign a new 24 month term. The 6 months free offer is only available for new and re-signing customers, who sign up a new 24 month term on eligible Red+ packages.

Regards.

I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
New Poster

by Kelseynz New Poster
Message 3 of 12 (4,593 Views)

Why haven't Vodafone dealt with this misinformation? Seems very misleading as the article clearly quotes Vodafone reps and then says about the deal for existing customers. They get the good vibes from it with no follow throught - more than slightly misleading.

Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 12 (4,580 Views)

Hi @Kelseynz ,

the 6 months free Netflix offer is for existing customers as well as new customers.

What you would need to do to be eligible for the 6 months free would be signing onto a new Red+ 24 month term.

You can move from prepay or an On Account plan to a Red+ plan and take advantage of this offer.

Hope this clarifies the situation

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 12 (4,574 Views)

I'm not really satisfied with that response, @Lucas. Vodafone's press release clearly states:

"The addition packs even more value into Vodafone’s popular mobile packages and will be available to new and existing customers*."

Business Ninja Adept

Message 6 of 12 (4,564 Views)

Existing customers who sign a new 24 month term.

I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Business Ninja Adept

Message 7 of 12 (4,558 Views)

It also clearly says "when they sign up for 24 months to one of its Red+ mobile plans." so the article is correct in saying it is available to existing customers. Smiley Happy

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 12 (4,554 Views)

That is not stated on the press release, nor the Herald article. Indeed, I am unable to resign at this stage, so the deal is not available to me. I am an example of an existing customer who is therefore not eligible. Meaning that a sizeable portion of Vodafone's existing customers are not eligible. Can you see why that wording is not just incorrect, but grossly misleading?

Is this the final word on this issue? I believe this is a very large oversight. I was excited to hear about Vodafone's partnership with Netflix. However, if Vodafone is now reneging on promises I would be very disappointed. I believe that is something that should be broadcast to as many people as possible. I encourage you to be absolutely clear on this matter before confirming please.

@sebastianbd : Two statements were made. One, that it was available to customers signing up on a new 24 month Red+ contract. The second, that the offer was available to existing customers. This isn't complicated. Both promises were made. If you're saying the second is no longer valid, I'm sure you can appreciate that your large existing customer base might feel like Vodafone has forgotten about them. Worse, that we have been lied to.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 9 of 12 (5,811 Views)

It explains on this page:

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/netflix/

*Netflix offer is available to new and re-signing customers between 24 March and 30 June.

Capture.PNG

re-signing customers are existing Vodafone customers wanting to take advantage of this offer Smiley Happy

- Kamrin

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

Message 10 of 12 (4,544 Views)

Thanks, @kamrind . I suppose that is the final word on this then. I appreciate everyone's assistance on clarifying this. I am, obviously, very disappointed. I know I'm not the only Vodafone customer who was looking forward to taking advantage of this offer.

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 11 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today