Reporting cellsite issues

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: Reporting cellsite issues

by Regular Poster michaelmurfy Regular Poster
Message 21 of 29 (308 Views)

Very good point. The locals have been having problems however said they had given up due to being told "Vodafone NZ has no interest to upgrade this cell site" - This is going back quite a while with the data issues where the Hotel I was staying at was saying that Vodafone is incredibly unreliable also forcing me to buy (expensive) WiFi driven off an ADSL connection to get some form of data connection. Up the mountain however data works well (I think there is a COW at the base).

Would be good to see this cell site upgraded to LTE in line with the Spark site a mere 100m away for both the locals / visitors each year.

But anyway, thanks! Is a lesson for me to fight the call centre and get a fault logged the next time around (or post here).

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster AShack Frequent Poster
Message 22 of 29 (256 Views)

We're at Port Albert, west of Wellsford.  Our rural broadband has been fluctuating over the last 24 hours.  It's normally on 4G, but it's been switching between 3G and 2G - at the moment it's 3G.

Is there a problem with the cell tower (our RBI antenna is pointing west from 639 Wellsford Valley Road)? 

Is there somewhere we can see the status of cell towers?

Thanks,

Andrew

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 23 of 29 (230 Views)

Hello @AShack

Can you please call tech support on 0800-921-021 to get a fault logged for investigation if this is still an issue for you?

If there was a major service impacting fault on a cell site, it would be listed on this page here:

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/network-status/

Best Regards,
Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by timbox Starter Poster
Message 24 of 29 (206 Views)

We have a similar problem to AShack

RBI B325 modem at Hautere, Otaki.  Our rural broadband has been fluctuating over the last 12 hours. 

It's normally on 4G, but it's been falling back to 3G. 

Is there a problem with the Otaki cell tower

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster gforum Regular Poster
Message 25 of 29 (200 Views)

It's not showing on https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/network-status/ - so if you're on Vodafone RBI, you will need to call 0800-921-021 and get a fault logged. If you are with a different ISP for your RBI, then call them, they have direct access to Vodafone network folk.

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 26 of 29 (183 Views)

Amazingly, our 4G switched on again overnight last night, at least a week after it was downgraded.  I did report it to a Vodafone 'ninja'  two days ago, who told me to restart the modem and they would call me back - they didn't!  Yesterday I called again and they then told me there was an issue with 4G being 'unstable' at the moment, and that the modem would automatically pick it up once it was fixed.

My question is, why isn't there somewhere on this site that you can see these problems?  If It's not showing on https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/network-status/, then where is it?  What's the point of wasting everybody's time talking to a 'ninja' for a problem that should be documented somewhere?

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster gforum Regular Poster
Message 27 of 29 (177 Views)

I have to agree actually, I've called vodafone over the last 3 nights about issues too, and nobody owned up to it. Vodafone, you need to be more transparent to your customers - it is really frustrating being left in the dark, and trying to figure out what's wrong with our modems, antennas etc... Faults happen and we understand that, but you really need to be honest and transparent and report them.

From what I hear, it appears that Vodafone has been having 4G/LTE issues over the last week or two, all over the North Island (maybe South too?), and there was not a single post about it in the mobile network status.

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 28 of 29 (163 Views)

Absolutely.  I spent a long time checking connections, resetting the modem, calling Vodafone, etc.  All of this could have been avoided had Vodafone been upfront about the 4G problems.  As you say, we all understand that things go wrong from time to time.

Perhaps Vodafone thought that nobody would notice, thereby avoiding the possible financial consequences of recompense for degraded service?

Actually, I might not have thought too much about myself, it except we had a young nephew staying with us, and we couldn't successfully stream anything from the Internet.....

New Poster

by Zackwolf New Poster
Message 29 of 29 (140 Views)
Hi all.

Similar issue today in Whakatane area.

My new connection tells me it's 4g then drops off Vodafone completely then reconnects etc. This happens non stop. It wasn't happening before today and after over and hour on the phone and a Sim swap they tell me nothing is wrong. I have tried 3 different phones also.

Sometimes it stays going for 5mins other times it's offline for 5 mins then on for 1. Just keeps cycling. On and no netwotk. While no data phone calls don't come in or go out. Wait a few mins and calls are fine.

Is this likely a cell issue do you think? Unfortunately I don't know anynody in the area to check if they are having similar issues.

Cheers
Joel
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 12w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors