Data dissapeared and vodafone can't help (27141.86MB used in one day and who knows where)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Data dissapeared and vodafone can't help (27141.86MB used in one day and who knows where)

by VeronicaDolinsky Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (416 Views)

HELP!

Today i checked my data useage for our wireless home broadband... and it showed we used almost all the 60gig after 6days... and still have 26 days until my next month starts..... how?

Vodafone don't know and don't actually care.

when i first called them the guy thought i meant i can't look at it and that to reset my app.. to go and unplug modem and remove sim card and then put it all back together???? What?

Anyway..

We have been fine with it since joining, and i always check..

We had netflix trial last month and i cancelled it and so that's not the issue.

I've checked all the upload things and pages about useage for the odd youtube look etc... and kids play their online games they have downloaded on their tablets, but it was the same as last month.

I guess since vodafone can't see it, and we can only see the daily useage (not broken down into when exactly in a day it was all used).

It shows that yesterday we used 27141.86MB and we weren't even home the whole day.

And no one else uses or knows our passwords etc...

kids always ask me first before doing anything.. and my daughter uploaded one tiny youtube vid she made and it wasn't huge and i looked at how much it uses.

This is a big joke... i can't afford all the other internet prices, and can't have fixed line or anything as the house phone wiring is gone and apparently since we aren't closer to town we can't get it.

Anyone from vodafone check these boards? as so far from 2 phone calls and 40mins on the phone (most waiting) i guess i just have to lump it)..

And will have to get it discconected?

Cheers.

Community Manager

Re: Data dissapeared and vodafone can't help (27141.86MB used in one day and who knows where)

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 6 (381 Views)

@VeronicaDolinsky

Sorry to hear about the issue. Can you message me - click on my name - with your account number and I'll look into it Monday. 27GB when you're not even home doesn't sound right at all.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: Data dissapeared and vodafone can't help (27141.86MB used in one day and who knows where)

Message 3 of 6 (333 Views)

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your message..

Just so you know, I sent you a PM here yesterday (incase you've missed it)

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Veronica

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 6 (296 Views)

Hi there Mike,

Just wondering if you had the chance to look at my acount yet?

I doubt these much you can do, unless you are higher up than the people in the call center?

We are almost out of all our data, have been using it carefully and using phone data for anything else... 

Too scared it'll go over before our next bill. (being it's not unlimited).

So even knowing where it all went to would be helpful... and a way to stop it happening again, as i don't want to have this sort of worry every time we have this, otherwise i'll have to get it chopped... and i can't get any other sort of internet at home, so i'd really rather not. but who knows.

Thanks

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (248 Views)

Hi again Mike...

It's been a little while since i PM'd you with my details and i just wondered if you did speak with anyone regarding this?  

Only asking because i still haven't had a call from anyone... and I ended up having to purchase extra as there was no way a few gig's was going to last us until the end of the month, and It's just gone to a new month on our account (don't get roll over because that's not on this plan).

I'm peeved at the whole thing (the not knowing where it went bit), but more so i just wanted to work out where it all went and then work out how to avoid it happening again, simply because i can't afford to keep it going if this happens, and i'm worried to even be using it for fear it will vanish and cost more.

Cheers again

Veronica

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (244 Views)

My suggestion, give them one more chance to sort it out or file a complaint with the TDR.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors