09 3766456

Starter Poster

09 3766456

by PeterMcNally Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (411 Views)

I Have tried to get our phone working , but as usual no one does anything but pass me around in circles so we will not be paying any bills from now on 

Community Manager

Re: 09 3766456

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)

@PeterMcNally

Sorry to hear about your phone. Is this a new service or change of service like standard phone going to voice calling over broadband?

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by PeterMcNally Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (403 Views)

we have have fibre since it started in greylynn , our vodafone tv was out for at least six months , eventually a new box turned up then a technician who said he couldnt do it , and that ill have to do it myself so after a thousand phone calls and waiting on hold for days someone eventually got it working . now the home phone doesnt work and I am not going through that again.

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 4 of 5 (382 Views)

Hi There

What time of modem are you using and if you have the serial number for it i maybe able get it fixed for you assuming that your phone is connected to the back of your RGW.

PM the details please

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 5 of 5 (381 Views)

Hi

I have checked and can see your phone line is up and working till the modem. If you have internal wiring from the RGW connecting to your house internal wiring I suspect there where the issue is.

RGW is provisioned with your line as well as its online. I have test called your number around 4:10Pm today and it was ringing. system shows that it was delievered to the modem successfully.

Vodafone network and SIP service is working. Best is to check how it is delevered from the RGW to your internal house. (usually this is done by connecting 1 of the phone ports at the back of your router to one of the Jackpoints in the house)

Please note that the internal house wiring is independent from the Router and when the service is delivered to the router you just need to feed to your internal house wiring. If your internal house wiring is faulty you may need an electrician to take a look at it.

easiest way to check is to look at the light VOIP and use a normal corded phone and plug to the back of the RGW phone 1 port to hear a dial tone.

in very very rare cases there maybe an instance where the FXS port ( phone 1) port may become faulty. so better to try on both phone 1 and phone 2 when testing the physical port iteself.

I can assure you that all your services are working including sip.

your VOIP light will be solid green = that means the service is up and running till the RGW. 

Regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors