What changed with Vodafone MMS Nov-ish last year 2017 ?

Starter Poster

What changed with Vodafone MMS Nov-ish last year 2017 ?

by cdowns Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (671 Views)

I have a V900-A1 GSM Alarm which I purchased and installed in 2010, and it has worked flawlessly ever since. It is controlled by Txt back and forth, and upon alarm activation, or upon request, takes pix and sends them to me by MMS.  We use it to remote monitor our holiday house which is 5 hours drive away and empty much of the time.

Late last year the MMS side of it suddenly stopped working.  All I get when I instruct it to send me a pxt is an error message by TXT to say "Sorry the network is busy, fail to send one MMS"

My personal phone is also 021, so I tried to send a pxt from it, and also got a network error txt back.

I phoned Vodafone, explained the situation, she did "something" and got me to power off/on my personal phone and voila it  happily sent PXT again. She said she would do the same to fix the GSM Alarm 021,  but of course we could not turn

it off/on until the next time we went there a month or so later.

Once there, did the power off/on thing, but no change.  Same error when trying to send MMS.

I've tried everything I can think of, from checking / changing / testing different MMS settings through to

factory reset and reinstate original settings which worked for 7 years. Still no joy. Communicates perfectly, but

unable now to send MMS still.

Anyone have any ideas ?

MMS Settings tried:

http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend

live.vodafone.com

172.30.38.3 port 9201 (original working setting for 7 years)

172.30.38.3 port 8080

Thanx in advance

Chris

Community Manager

Re: What changed with Vodafone MMS Nov-ish last year 2017 ?

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (632 Views)

@johnr

Any thoughts on this one?

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 4 (630 Views)

@MikeHales @cdowns I doubt anything has changed around the MMSC platform or you would be getting 100s of complaints

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by cdowns Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (628 Views)

Yep, I could almost agree with that except...

(1)  whatever happened also stopped my good old Motorola V3, which I've happly PXT'd from for some 15 years

(2) a phone call to Vodafone, an operator who "did something", to the flip#, followed by a power off/on as instructed    

resolved whatever it was immediately. Pxt again from the flip no problem.

(3) both devices, with no relationship to each other, stopped sending PXT at the same time, both stating network

issues.

Incidentally, I see from my bills that all the failed PXT's have been charged for, so the network seems to have

deemed them ok despite them having all failed.  That's kinda weird too isn't it ?

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors