Nokia 3310 3G

Starter Poster

Nokia 3310 3G

[ Edited ]
by CharlieLong Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (329 Views)

I bought a Nokia 3310 from JB Hi-fi in Melbourne for my Dad to use in New Zealand. He has it set up and has been texting me, but he can't send or receive pxts. I don't know how to fix this :-( 

I should have asked Vodafone, but JB assured me it was unlocked and would work without any problems.

Community Manager

Re: Nokia 3310 3G

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (314 Views)

@CharlieLong

It's definitely compatible with the Vodafone network. unfortunately, we don't support it but if your Dad can go online to this FAQ, and follow the steps - selecting Nokia and say the 300 model type, put in his number and we'll send him all the correct network settings.

Hope that helps.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Business Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 5 (282 Views)

MikeHales wrote:

@CharlieLong

It's definitely compatible with the Vodafone network. unfortunately, we don't support it but if your Dad can go online to this FAQ, and follow the steps - selecting Nokia and say the 300 model type, put in his number and we'll send him all the correct network settings.

Hope that helps.

m

Definitely sounds like MMS APN's are not correct.

One other thing to bear in mind is; (as it sounds like you might be based in Australia) is that Vodafone NZ customers can only send / recieve MMS to / from Vodafone Australia subscribers (no other international carriers).

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by CharlieLong Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (271 Views)

I did it for him and told him to follow the instructions in the message he received with the network settings. He did as instructed successlly and got a notification when I tried to pxt him which is a step in the right direction but the image wouldn't download, and when he tried to send me an image back, he got an error at his end. It's still progress so perhaps we're half way there. I happen to be on the Vodafone AU network but maybe I'll see if someone else in NZ can pxt him to at least rule out the international aspect. 

Failing that, I guess I'll send him into a Voda store for some help.  

Posted from Samsung SM-G955F
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)

@CharlieLongCan you get him to check the mobile data is enabled on the handset? This needs to be turned on in order to send /receive an MMS.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors