sms history

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

sms history

by guest246 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (4,514 Views)

Im after my history of sms sent to a particular phone which was lost on my old phone.
After some research am I right to say that under the Privacy Act 1993, Section 6, Principle 6 1(b) im entitled to the records of these kept by vodafone?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: sms history

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 7 of 9 (6,851 Views)

Hello person of mystery, @guest246 

Yes, you can request sent sms info. There's a processing charge of $46 for each request. A colleague in the Agency Liaison team gave me this info when I had a similar situation previously...

"We can provide outgoing call and text data/content for the past 6 months anything older may not be available  Please have the customer fill in the attached form – have them sign it in front of a Lawyer or Justice of the Peace and send it back to us – the costs are outlined on the form.

They must be the person that is using the phone – each individual must fill out a separate form and send it to us themselves.

They cannot have inbound text content, this can only be provided with a court order."

So - please send me a private message with your email address and I'll forward you the form.

Cheers

Dylan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 2 of 9 (4,472 Views)

Hi @guest246 ,

Are you after the date, time and number you sent the message to? Or are you wanting the actual content of the message that you've sent?

What date range are you wanting records for?

Thanks

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 9 (4,469 Views)

HI im after messages sent from the 13th July 2013 to April 2014 and calls made, text content would be most helpful.

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 9 (4,468 Views)

sorry im after the date and content of the texts to a specific number and received from as well

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 5 of 9 (4,458 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

We can provide usage details as far back as 12 months as standard. Customer Care can provide usage details for between 0-3 months. Anything further back would need to be requested by our ageny liason team, and there would be a charge for this service.

To retreive the content of text messages you would need to get a police search warrant or a court order, before the request can be processed.

However, date, time and number sent to can br retreived without this.

Cheers,

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 9 (4,452 Views)

Referring to the Privacy Act 1993, Section 6, Principle 6 1(b) it states that Im entitled to this information

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 7 of 9 (6,852 Views)

Hello person of mystery, @guest246 

Yes, you can request sent sms info. There's a processing charge of $46 for each request. A colleague in the Agency Liaison team gave me this info when I had a similar situation previously...

"We can provide outgoing call and text data/content for the past 6 months anything older may not be available  Please have the customer fill in the attached form – have them sign it in front of a Lawyer or Justice of the Peace and send it back to us – the costs are outlined on the form.

They must be the person that is using the phone – each individual must fill out a separate form and send it to us themselves.

They cannot have inbound text content, this can only be provided with a court order."

So - please send me a private message with your email address and I'll forward you the form.

Cheers

Dylan

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 9 (4,438 Views)

thanks Smiley Happy will PM you now

New Poster

by RobertAllanPriestley New Poster
Message 9 of 9 (2,741 Views)

Hi - is it possible to have this form emailed to me also?  I would like to retrieve texts for a specific date period.

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today