emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3

Starter Poster

emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3

by zbmcl Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (334 Views)

I have had a huge problem this weekend where I could not send or receive emails as the client email program (Outlook 2013) would not access the server.  Vodafone help desk (. Prabhjot K ) solved at after 30 minutes effort but the settings for a new email user had to e made Pop3 not IMAP.

Will this be a problem - as my partner needs IMAP for hers so she can access via phone also.

Secondly - the email (POP3) now does not show all my email folders nor all my historical emails. Hundreds.  But they still show on the webmail server.

How can I transfer/synchronis to get them all showing again in my Outlook 2013 email program

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Re: emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3

by Frequent Poster yitz Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

Is your query relating to one of Vodafone's email services (if so which domain) or a third party email service?

• clear.net.nz
  • es.co.nz
  • ihug.co.nz
  • paradise.net.nz
  • pcconnect.co.nz
  • quik.co.nz
  • vodafone.co.nz
  • vodafone.net.nz
  • wave.co.nz

Starter Poster

Re: emails had to be changed from IMAP to POP3

by zbmcl Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (311 Views)

Yes, clear.net.nz which I manage through Outlook 2013.

Have had no problems until Fri night or Sat morning and the nice Vodafone support lady configured a second pair of addresses (with the same name) to work and everyting is identical except POP3 not IMAP.  She then deleted the original address etc (with same name) which was the IMAP I've had for years and years, probably more than 15.

When I log in on the webmail service everyting is still there.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 12w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors