Would like to recover my lost number...

Highlighted
New Poster
Accepted Solution

Would like to recover my lost number...

[ Edited ]
by omez New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,768 Views)

I lost my phone around 4-5 months ago with my sim card. I went to a local Vodafone store today to tried and recover my number and they told me I need details as  to when was the last time I topped up or the last number called on the lost sim card, unfortunately I cannot remember so I was given a blank sim card and was told to contact customer service. 

Now I thought people could still dial 777 even on a blank sim but that is not the case. Is there anyway to resolve my issue online without buying a new number and calling customer support?

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Would like to recover my lost number...

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff Kieran Retired Staff
Message 3 of 4 (2,310 Views)

Hi omez,

You basically would have to prove to Vodafone that the number was/is yours, otherwise anyone could just walk in and claim they own anyone elses number. PIN, outgoing usage, topups (dates/times/ammounts) can all play a part in this.

Customer services on 0800 or 777 are often better equipped to comb through the account info and see if there's anything to work with.

If you aren't able to provide enough evidence that it is your number then we can't swap it over to a new SIM for you due to security/privacy reasons.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Ex-TimA Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (1,762 Views)

Hi,

You can dial 0800 800 021 but you would need to speak with us to get the number back.

Cheers

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team.
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff Kieran Retired Staff
Message 3 of 4 (2,311 Views)

Hi omez,

You basically would have to prove to Vodafone that the number was/is yours, otherwise anyone could just walk in and claim they own anyone elses number. PIN, outgoing usage, topups (dates/times/ammounts) can all play a part in this.

Customer services on 0800 or 777 are often better equipped to comb through the account info and see if there's anything to work with.

If you aren't able to provide enough evidence that it is your number then we can't swap it over to a new SIM for you due to security/privacy reasons.

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 4 (1,622 Views)

A blank SIM will not even register onto the mobile network

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today