Very annoyed long time customer

Starter Poster

Very annoyed long time customer

[ Edited ]
by DevineDuck Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (776 Views)

To start with, I have had wonderful service since 2006. Until now. I am getting constantly harassed by texts/phone calls from 099771141. NO ONE ELSE I know who is with Vodafone gets this. Why am I suddenly in the firing line? I really do not appreciate getting these courtesy calls after 5pm either. If this does not stop I will have to change to a different provider. How can I make this stop?? Can someone assist me? I do not wish to recieve alerts from Vodafone at any time EXCEPT at top up time.

Senior Contributor

Re: Very annoyed long time customer

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 9 (747 Views)

Theres another theard that confirms the number is from the sales team at vodafone.

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Mobile-plans-services/call-offering-new-plan-real-or-scam/td-p/14...

see messages 9 and 10

If these are coming to your cellphone then you can block the number.

If using a iPhone:

https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201229

If using an Android phone

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-phone-calls-on-your-android-smartphone/

It should block both text's and calls.

I'm not sure on the alerts at top up time. They may come from a differnt number so you could be fine.

If the calls are coming to your landline then you need to advise them that you dont wish to be harrassed like this.

I'd speak to a manager first so they can remove you from the list and if need be lodge a complaint.

http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/20058

If they dont take it seriously then go through the Telecommunication Dispute Resolution (TDR) Scheme.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 9 (690 Views)

It happened again just before. They tried to call me (I had blocked the number) so it texted me instead! Had to add it to spam numbers. SO ANNOYING. By doing this you are driving customers away! 

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 9 (628 Views)

Vodafone

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 9 (626 Views)

Seriously, this is ridiculous. I have even had to add the number to my spam numbers (I have had a lot more than these four calls)! This behaviour is actually driving good, long term customers AWAY. 

New Poster

by cat40 New Poster
Message 6 of 9 (588 Views)

This is happening to me too.  Rang Vodafone and got the run around four diff departments. No one could remove me from the call list. Agree this is enough to drive customers away. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 9 (551 Views)

Thank you for your response! Sorry that you are going through it too. My partner has also had a call from the same number (only once though). It is very annoying. Why can't they see that people don't want to be hassled? If I had a problem I'd get in contact with them myself. Had no issues since 2006 until now. 

Regular Contributor Sam
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor Sam Regular Contributor
Message 8 of 9 (583 Views)

I had a phone call last year from the VFNZ Sales team - they advised me they wanted to have a quick chat about my account and review if I was on the most appropriate plan for my usage etc.

Brilliant I thought, sounds like someone is showing some initiative and this review could be good for me. Instead, they just asked broadband related questions - who was I with for home internet etc, speeds and when I informed them my employer covers that off and I don't have anything to do with it, the "review" was over and I was told they couldn't help me any further.

Basically they possibly just want to sign you up to more plans..

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 9 (550 Views)

Thank you for your response! I do not understand why they are cold calling people, surely if someone was unhappy with their plan then they would contact Vodafone themselves? I'm sure that the majority of customers are happy on their current plans (if not, they can read online to find another). I am happy with my current plan, I am just not interested in other plans and find it very annoying that they are calling me regularly. The only thing this tactic will do is drive good customers away. I have been a customer since 2006 and had no problems until now.

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors