Paradise Email

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Paradise Email

by dalesmith Starter Poster
Message 1 of 10 (2,322 Views)

Hey There Vodafone

Now, don't get me wrong. You guys are good at what you do and your services are very competitive. But there is just one thing that bugs me, and that is that at our place we're always "limiting" our internet usage because Dad gets on the TED videos / youtube and smashes any balance when he doesn't even pay anything towards the internet and really, we need an unlimited broadband package.

The only reason we haven't really changed over is because of the "paradise.net.nz" email address my dad claims to have had for donkeys years being on stationary, having loads of contacts with the paradise.net.nz email etc. etc. and it's starting to cause a split in the family, because he won't come clear on what actually needs to be done because we've heard that, we've heard "It'll mess with the cabling if we change company" (granted, that was the excuse while we were at Telstra Clear until the change over happened lol) and in reality all that needs to happen is for paradise.net.nz to be charged on the side, while we get an unlimited internet package, unless vodafone offers an unlimited broadband package.

Honestly, saving the extra $60/month is $30/month we can spend on keeping the email while we pay the same price for unlimited internet and broadband with another company, or even if we can get a unlimited broadband package. It's not like we use that much, it's just always more than the package (cause Dad hears we have more internet and then uses more). Are either unlimited broadband or paradise.net.nz emails available?

All the best

Dale

Accepted Solutions
Staff Lon
Staff

Re: Paradise Email

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 7 of 10 (2,628 Views)

Hi @dalesmith - welcome to the Vodafone Community.

The last thing we want is to cause family discord - we want things to be awesome all of the time, despite Dad's TED habit! How about you DM myself or @NikT your customer details and we'll check out the plan you're on. Maybe we can do something to restore familial harmony. Smiley Tongue

Cheers,

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Ninja Master

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 10 (2,319 Views)

Vodafone do not offer unlimted plans as of today, Maybe you need to review the plan you are on and move to newer plan with a bigger data cap, What plan are you on?

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 10 (2,317 Views)

We're currently on 150 gigs. Considering all we do is Facebook and Email (exception of Dad and his ridiculous video-watching usage) and this is just after two months ago when we were on 80 gigs (and yes, our month doesn't end until the 27th and we've already run out.) You can kinda see why it's causing problems haha.

Ninja Master

by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 4 of 10 (2,312 Views)

Let us take a look tomorrow Smiley Happy Someone will request for you to DM some details from Vodafone

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 10 (2,309 Views)

No worries haha

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 6 of 10 (2,290 Views)

Crickey! YouTube streamed via Xbox has replaced TV for my multimedia viewing (and this is dailey) and I still can't hit a 250 GB cap even closely. Is TED that good???

Staff Lon
Staff

by Staff Lon Staff
Message 7 of 10 (2,629 Views)

Hi @dalesmith - welcome to the Vodafone Community.

The last thing we want is to cause family discord - we want things to be awesome all of the time, despite Dad's TED habit! How about you DM myself or @NikT your customer details and we'll check out the plan you're on. Maybe we can do something to restore familial harmony. Smiley Tongue

Cheers,

Please note that I am no longer a permanent moderator of this forum and only check messages during my free time.
Solution
Accepted by Lon (Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

by smithjc55 Starter Poster
Message 8 of 10 (2,167 Views)

Some of my mail remains ov the server - not all. Resetting googles passwords details, A AirNZ booking another but all junk mail comes through OK. I have to go paradise.net.nz mail area and forword the mail to myself. Any ideas?

Starter Poster

Message 9 of 10 (2,109 Views)

I will admit, although I see him on TED ALL the time, he just came in and said "There's over 150 websites I'd need to change my email address on" so clearly he's multi-tasking lol.

Starter Poster

by smithjc55 Starter Poster
Message 10 of 10 (1,788 Views)

Some of my messages are remaing on the paradise server. These are usually replies to my forgotten passwords and come from prominent sites such as Apple or iTunes. I can go to Paradise.net.nz and read the replies there but why arn't they forwarded to my mail programme like spam is? <sorry grin>

Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today