Name change on account

Starter Poster

Name change on account

by Dragon99nz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (86 Views)

Heya,

How in Gods holy earth do I get the email addres and name changed for the customer zone?

Setting up a whole new account didn't work.

9 months of calls, I don't know what else to do. Is there someone who can help????

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Name change on account

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 5 (81 Views)

Hey there, 

So just to confirm you're wanting to remove the original account holder, and basically take over the account? 

^Michael

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (79 Views)

The original account holder my Dad passed away last year. I was told becuase it was an old Telstra account changing the responsibilty was very difficult (Even provided with a death certificate). An account I've been paying for the past 5 years.

So after 20 calls or more It was decided creating a whole new account was the best option. Porting all the services over in my name with a new account number.

After 5 days of being cut off due to a new account having been created I realised the account email and logon details are all still in my fathers name. With charges showing for over usage on his old account number, the new account numbers logon details are my fathers email and his password.

After being put on hold this afternoon for 20 minutes then being told it cannot be changed I came here.

All I want is everything in my name and the main logon and email to be mine for my new account number. And to know why there is an over usuage charge on a recently closed account in my fathers name which did have an unlimited data fibre plan.

Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)

First of all, I apologise for the runaround you've received trying to get this sorted, especially going through a difficult time. 

I'd like to take a look at the account and find out exactly what's happening, and what needs to be done to get this all changed over to your name. I understand you've probably provided these details a few times already, but could you please click onto my name, and click 'Private message' and send through the following details:

- Your Dad's account number

- Your new account number

- Your first & last name, along with your date of birth

- Your current email address and mobile number

Once I receive this, I will investigate the accounts, and get this sorted/get the right people onto this (if what needs to be done is unable to be done by me). 

Again, I apologise for the frustrating, and disappointing experience you've had, but hopefully this will be sorted ASAP! 

Regards,

Michael

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (21 Views)

Was ASAP within a week?

I still cannot pay my bill, dont know the logon details and the account still has my deceased fathers details.

This has gone on long enough, come on.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today