My Vodafone - new steps to set up email as your login/username - Sun 5 August 2018

Expert Contributor

Re: My Vodafone - new steps to set up email as your login/username - Sun 5 August 2018

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 11 of 23 (405 Views)

@JoBowers wrote:

You might want to remove the "email or mobile" prompt from the app if you are now only accepting email.

My partner had all sorts of issues this morning, the call centre didn't know what was going on, and when she finally managed to get in it said "Hi Gary".  LOL - who is Gary we wonder.

I'm sure they will do this in the next App update.

Expert Contributor

Re: My Vodafone - new steps to set up email as your login/username - Sun 5 August 2018

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 23 (384 Views)

@MikeHales

I have put this though as feedback for the app but I just want to post it on here also.

if there’s some system issue and the app is unable to load it clears all login info

which is a hassle because I have to keep putting my email and password back in. The old version never did this

perhaps it’s by design the app assumes that the login credentials are incorrect so it clears them.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 13 of 23 (418 Views)

and for those that that so thoughtfully had their email addresses removed by VF, what do we use instead?

Expert Contributor

Message 14 of 23 (391 Views)

@gregmcc wrote:

and for those that that so thoughtfully had their email addresses removed by VF, what do we use instead?

Use gmail 

Posted from Apple iPad
Senior Contributor

Message 15 of 23 (386 Views)

@Christopher wrote:

@gregmcc wrote:

Use gmail 

Yeah, no. No desire to share more details than I have to, to a company that uses it for marketing purposes.

Quite ironic VF took away the email because it was too hard to deal with and now they are require exactly this to use their services.......

Expert Contributor

Message 16 of 23 (317 Views)

@gregmcc wrote:

@Christopher wrote:

@gregmcc wrote:

Use gmail 

Yeah, no. No desire to share more details than I have to, to a company that uses it for marketing purposes.

Quite ironic VF took away the email because it was too hard to deal with and now they are require exactly this to use their services.......

But if you have a android phone then you will already be sharing details with google.. often when you setup a android phone 

you will get a gmail account automatically created.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 17 of 23 (411 Views)
You can use any email address except the old Vodafone ones.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Senior Contributor

Message 18 of 23 (402 Views)

Ok, so I no longer have an email address that I can share with VF, what now? Can I use your email address?

Contributor

by Contributor kiwi_harry Contributor
Message 19 of 23 (345 Views)

@gregmcc wrote:

Ok, so I no longer have an email address that I can share with VF, what now? Can I use your email address?

You don't use an email address for billing purposes? 

I sign in with an email address to my account at my power company and water supplier, neither provide me with an email address.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Senior Contributor

Message 20 of 23 (297 Views)

@kiwi_harry wrote:

@gregmcc wrote:

You don't use an email address for billing purposes? 

I sign in with an email address to my account at my power company and water supplier, neither provide me with an email address.

if your power company also provides your broadband (trust power for example) you get an email address, infact most ISP's in NZ provide customers with an email address.

And yes I do use an email address for billing, it's one of those ones that VF decided to get rid of.

Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 12w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors