My Vodafone clearly doesn't have My Interests in mind

Starter Poster

My Vodafone clearly doesn't have My Interests in mind

by marijke Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (389 Views)

Whenever I try to access My Vodafone it will log in but says:

'Sorry, we can't show you the data for your connection, please try again later.'

It does this to me too frequently, and most of the time when I want to top up/update my plan which causes all sorts of additional chaos thats results in my lost $$, time and customer service calls, its truly exasperating. I phoned your customer service team yesterday and they were helpful to the best of their ability, but were not able to address this issue. I later emailed your customer service team as I was still unable to access my account, but have got no reponse as of yet, I guess its only been 22 hours since I emailed them.

It's been a full day now and I still I keep getting that 'Sorry, we can't show you the data for your connection, please try again later' message - I've tried logging in on four different platforms to no avail, it's immensely frustrating, I've been unable to use my phone in any way because it might risk incurring costs that would mean I could not pay for my plan. My Vodafone stopped showing my data right after I topped up to buy my plan, it also cancelled the plan I was about to refresh which I initially did not realize, but did not purchase the new plan I'd just topped up for, hence the costs (unbeknowst to me at the time) incurred afterwards as I kept refreshing my app and was charged the cost of data, your client services team were good enough to reimburse this when I phoned yesterday

So I guess my question is, how on earth do I access the 'data for my connection' via MyVodafone so that I can purchase my plan and actually use my phone?

Starter Poster

Re: My Vodafone clearly doesn't have My Interests in mind

Message 2 of 8 (368 Views)

If I transfer to another provider does Vodafone refund the balance on my account?

Still no response to this or my email query. I've been a customer for over 16 years, but at this point I could probably write a monthly column on disappointing (some striaght up horrible) experiences I've had with Vodafone. I think I'm about done with them, but as I'm currently the only income earner in my household I can't afford to switch unless I'm refunded the current balance on my account Smiley Sad

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (344 Views)

Day 3 of not being able to use my phone, not being given any response to the email I sent Monday, or this query, guess I have to phone customer services again. I have little faith they'll be able to help me though.

In the meantime I'm just going to throw a few quotes at you from your website and the automatic email I was sent when I placed my first email request - you might want to consider amending these (on account of being false statements):

"We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

We're committed to providing the best customer service, and each team member is fully trained to help you with any questions you have about any of our products and services."

"Thanks for getting in touch - one of our team will look into your email and get back to you shortly.

To give you an idea of timeframe, we reply to most of our emails within 24 hours so we won’t be far away.

In the meantime, if you need more urgent help here are a few links to check out:
·  Ask questions in the Vodafone Community, where Ninjas and other experts are online now.  Whether you’ve got a tricky tech question or just need some simple tips - our Ninjas can make you feel like a pro."

And for my current favourite: "Manage your account the easy way with the My Vodafone App" [Spoiler]... It doesn't work.
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 8 (339 Views)

7-10 working days for the refund of prepay balance, painful.

Switching providers, painless.

Will not use again or recommend Vodafone to anyone as a provider.

Business Ninja Adept

[ Edited ]
by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 8 (332 Views)

Hi @marijke

If you are still interested in getting this issue sorted; please private message me your mobile number and four digit PIN.

I will look to fix this up for you.

Thanks

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 8 (311 Views)

Problem already solved thanks.

(I switched to Spark as a provider) Smiley Wink

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 7 of 8 (301 Views)

marijke wrote:

Problem already solved thanks.

(I switched to Spark as a provider) Smiley Wink

Ok

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by DevineDuck Starter Poster
Message 8 of 8 (208 Views)

It is amusing because while you found Vodafone staff so hard to get hold of they just won't leave me alone! http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/My-Vodafone/Very-annoyed-long-time-customer/m-p/211380#M4503 

Perhaps the only solution is to switch providers like what you have done.

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors