Have a landline allocated to me by Vodafone, advised to buy a phone that is VOIP capable. HELP !!!

New Poster

Have a landline allocated to me by Vodafone, advised to buy a phone that is VOIP capable. HELP !!!

by WilmaVanOrsouw New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

I bought a cordless phone at Noel Leeming that I was advised was VOIP capable. I have tried to plug this into the modem but there's no actual port for it. Tried to plug into the old phone port on the wall, that too did nothing,.

So frustrating that I am paying for a landline service I am unable to use. What sort of phone am I supposed to purchase that is actually VOIP capable and that fits into one of the ports on the back of the modem I have? Modem supplied by Vodafone and is an upgraded one. I think a Ninja needs to contact me as a matter of urgency as I'm guessing the phone I was sold isn't compatible.

Thanks.

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Have a landline allocated to me by Vodafone, advised to buy a phone that is VOIP capable. HELP !

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

You don't need to buy a special VOIP Phone - You would only need to purchase that in the event that you are running the VOIP straight off of the phone itself, in the deployment of VOIP by Vodafone the modem we provide handles all the VOIP; and you simply plug your regular landline phone into the phone port on the supplied modem.

Here is a link to the UltraHub setup guide: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/ws2/cms/documents/quick-start-guide-ultra-hub.pdf

It shows you how to connect the phone:

Let us know how you get along.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 4w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors