Getting details of a top up

Starter Poster

Getting details of a top up

by FallenOneGee Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (510 Views)

Hi, I think someone has my credit/debit card details. I've changed to a different provider (gift from partner) at christmas time. I recently got a charge to my debit card of a top-up from vodafone purchased. As me or my partner has not done this, just wondering if it's possible to get the number that has been topped up with my debit card? To see who this person is.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting details of a top up

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

I dont think you'll get that as Privacy laws will come into play. Might be wrong.

You could check with your bank as it may record details there as a reference on your bank account.

I'd also look at stopping that credit/debit card, especilly if someone else does have the details.

You didnt enable Auto Top Up for the Vodafone account before you left to the other provider did you?

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/auto-top-up/

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (488 Views)
Hi thanks for the reply. Ive checked with the bank and they have no useful info on the matter regarding it. I cancelled the card immediatly as other transactions appeared that i did not do. And no i had my vodafone cancelled a few months ago. This is the first time it appeared.
Posted from Samsung SM-G935F
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (485 Views)

sounds like the card was skimmed somewhere.

Mine was done on hoilday when in Queenstown. Bank alerted me straight away but they got away with $2000NZD of stuff.

Bank was good. they refunded it straight away. card cancelled and reissued. was a pain.

Not sure what bank your with but ASB allows you to lock the card or stop any online purchases from happening.

Just means if you do what to buy something online you need to unlock the card, do transasction and then lock it again once transaction appears as a "pending" state.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (424 Views)

Sadly, that's the thing. My debit card has been in my house (Safe and hidden) for the past 2 years (as I have it memerized). I am with ASB, I can't disable the internet transactions as I use Netflix,Spotify etc other online subscription based services which if I disabled, they don't get payments. Had it re issued immediatly. Just a pain and wanting to know what ### got topped up.

Honoured Contributor

by Honoured Contributor Honoured Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (419 Views)

Sorry @FallenOneGee,

We wont be able to release that number to you

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today