Expired simcard?

Starter Poster

Expired simcard?

by 0211493370 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (555 Views)

Hi there,

I was using prepay SIM on my phone for about 5 years but it stopped working last Sunday so I thought the simcard damaged because the simcard didn’t work on my different phone.

So I visited one of Vodafone branch yesterday and explained everything that I mentioned above.

They said the simcard expired and someone is using my number already so I had to buy new simcard.

What I want to know is 2 questions like below.

1. How could you guys transfer my number to another person without any notice to me? (even I have $7 balance on that account.)
  2. I noticed that there are “SIM EXPIRES” on prepay SIM package. So do I have to buy new simcard every time before expired? Or is there any way to keep using my number although the simcard expired?

Thank you.

Regards
Steve

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Expired simcard?

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 5 (538 Views)

@0211493370 How long ago did you last top up the connection? - You need to top it up at least once every 12 months to keep it active. 

This sounds like an odd situation as if it suddenly stopped working on last Sunday, it would not have been recycled to a new customer by now (it would be quarrantined for 90 days before being recycled). 

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by 0211493370 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (533 Views)

I top up every end of month and I didn’t know that the way to active. I guess the guy who talked me at the Vodafone branch gave me wrong information. Is there any chance to revive my previous number?

Business Ninja Adept

Message 4 of 5 (527 Views)

Yes it does seem like someone has given you the wrong information. 

If you top it up each month, it would not have been expired and re-issued.. 

Can you please click on my username and send me a private message with your Name, Mobile Number, 4 digit account PIN and SIM Serial number (Printed on the back of your SIM Card 6401XXXXXXXXXXXX).

I will take a look for you tomorrow morning.

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)

This issue is now resolved.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 0 Kudos