ClearNet webmail "app" gets confused and mixes subject lines, messages and folders

Starter Poster

ClearNet webmail "app" gets confused and mixes subject lines, messages and folders

by GJacobs Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

Vodafone hosts webmail for (former) ClearNet clients. Over recent weeks this "app" seems to have developed a bug where it gets into a confused that, with the app presenting a list of subject headings, etc., as usual, but on clicking the message to see it's contents, it presents the contents of the different message, of then from a different folder.

To compound this, in a effort to clean out some space, the webmail app seems to be automatically deleting items, rather than moving them to the "Deleted items" folder, which you then empty. 

The combined effect is that I've no idea what the webmail service has actually deleted, and I'm not very happy about it.

Any suggestions welcome. I've tried restarting everything by rebooting the system. I will investigate using different web browsers to see if it's specific to Safari (Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5).)

Notes:

1. Excuse posting to this forum - there appears to be no relevant forum for ClearNet, web-based apps, or email. If there is a more appropriate forum, Ill try shift it there.

2. I'm only posting on the community forums because I can't seem to find an email to report what looks like a bug/issue that need immediate attention. If someone knows of an appropriate email, I'd be happy to hear of it.

Contributor

Re: ClearNet webmail "app" gets confused and mixes subject lines, messages and folders

by Contributor capcomnz Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (113 Views)

@GJacobs

I use Firefox on both the laptop and my iPad and everything displays as it should.

As for items deleting? I know that happens to the spam folder after a time period.

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today