ClearNet (hosted by Vodafone) has started bouncing email sent to account

Starter Poster

ClearNet (hosted by Vodafone) has started bouncing email sent to account

by GJacobs Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (360 Views)

First, if there is a better group let me know - I can’t see an appropriate one.

Vodafone hosts ClearNet email accounts. Sometime yesterday Google started issuing delivery failure reports to me, e.g.

“Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxx@clear.net.nz

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain clear.net.nz by mx.clear.net.nz. [203.97.33.212].”

I have used this account for a long time & have not changed settings recently. I have tried disabling Google’s 2-factor authentication, but the bounces continue.

I am in the middle of trying to get a major trip overseas sorted - understandably this is not helpful! :-(

New Poster

Re: ClearNet (hosted by Vodafone) has started bouncing email sent to account

by KelvinJamesRussell New Poster
Message 2 of 4 (344 Views)

Hi,

I have had a similiar experience sending emails to Paradise email addresses today.

I manage communications to a gorup of people and have no other means to contact them

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by GJacobs Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (327 Views)

OK, after losing far too much time over this what *might* be the problem is a simple mailbox full issue -- the server reports a 550, whereas a 552 would be ever so more helpful :-( Still not entirely comfirmed, but this might be the issue.

(The effect is to report delivery failure due to invalid recepients when it’s actually "mailbox full".)

New Poster

by Quinny New Poster
Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)

Have had similar issue in past (we have 7 work paradise emails behind the domain name). To solve had clients send emails to my home email and then me forward it onto work.

Was able to get help from "level 2 support - paradise emails" you have to ask for them my name. 

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today