Cannot access My Vodafone -> My Bills when using an ihug email only account.

New Poster

Cannot access My Vodafone -> My Bills when using an ihug email only account.

by 2lostkiwis New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (1,033 Views)

Hi guys,

Previously I was with ihug. I only keep my vodafone account so I can keep my ihug email address. The only service I have from vodafone is the email address and this costs $5.06 per month. I do not get paper bills.

Recently I was emailed by vodafone noting that my monthly credit card payment was declined by the bank (who knows why? but hey, glitches happen). I tried to log into the My Vodafone portal to pay my bill. When I successfully log in I get the email management page. When I try to go to my bills (or any other page) I get a message "Error: you don't have access to this part of My Vodafone". I will add a picture because I don't think it has any personal information.

I would like to pay my outstanding bill - but I cannot. To me it looks like my account has been locked down too far with restricted access. I have tried calling Vodafone but just got stuck with the people on the phone trying to reset my password. I know my password is fine because I was logged in successfully to the portal - I could see the "Manage my email" page with some details there.

If anyone has any ideas - please please let me know.

Cheers,

Ian.

billing.png

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Cannot access My Vodafone -> My Bills when using an ihug email only account.

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (981 Views)

Hi there that looks like it is locked, can you please email us your login so we can check.

onlinecare@vodafone.co.nz

Vodafone Social Media Team
Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Cannot access My Vodafone -> My Bills when using an ihug email only account.

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 3 of 3 (917 Views)

Hi @2lostkiwis

Unfortunately the way that My Vodafone authentication is built, you will not be able to login fully to view the account details. The normal My Vodafone login is the broadband username and password, but if you only have a mailbox with us then that won't work.

It might be best if you pay through the phone queue. If you call 0800 438 448 there are options to make a one off credit card payment. Hopefully you'll be able to the save the credit card details there, but if not then speak to someone on that same phone number and they should be able to for you.

Thank you

Dylan

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today