Auto top up not working

Starter Poster

Auto top up not working

by ScottWhittaker Starter Poster
Message 1 of 16 (2,403 Views)

I am fairly certain auto top up is set up correctly in the My Vodafone iPhone app, and has been for months. However every month when my prepay plan is due to renew and there is not enough credit in my account to top up, the auto top up fails to engage and my plan is put on hold until I manually top it up.

Here is what it looks like when my account is low on credit ($3.61) and overdue for a top-up when the auto top up should have kicked in:

fullsizeoutput_18a7.jpeg

Here is my existing auto top-up set to top up by $30 when my account drops below $5:

fullsizeoutput_18a9.jpeg

Here is what it looks like when I set up yet another auto top up (which fails to trigger):

fullsizeoutput_18aa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18a8.jpeg

And finally, here is me giving up and manually topping up using the same stored credit card (to prove the problem is not with the card):

fullsizeoutput_18ab.jpeg

Starter Poster

Re: Auto top up not working

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 16 (2,400 Views)

The other problem I have with auto top up is that I can't raise the minimum amount above $5. So even if the auto top up did work, it would be useless most of the time if the balance is above $5 but below the amount required by the plan, right?

So if my account is $5.61 in credit (like it is now) and my plan wants to take $28, auto top up won't engage because credit is above $5, and the plan can't renew because it is below $28 and accounts can't go into debit. And I can't raise the auto top up minimum amout to something more useful like $30, $25 or even $10. That's just dumb.

But as shown above, even in the rare case where the credit actually is below $5, the auto top up fails to engage anyway.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 16 (2,209 Views)

Still not working. Proof from 23 July:

fullsizeoutput_18ce.jpegfullsizeoutput_18cf.jpegfullsizeoutput_18d0.jpegfullsizeoutput_18d1.jpegfullsizeoutput_18d2.jpeg

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 16 (2,208 Views)

Still not working 25 Jul:

fullsizeoutput_18d3.jpeg

Or 22 Aug:

fullsizeoutput_18d4.jpeg

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 16 (2,207 Views)

Is there something I'm missing about how this feature is supposed to work, or does it just not work for anyone?

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 6 of 16 (2,197 Views)

@ScottWhittaker

Thanks for the post - I'll ask the My Vodafone team to have a look and advise asap

Thanks

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

Message 7 of 16 (2,157 Views)

@ScottWhittaker

Could you message me with your details - so we can get to the bottom of your query?

Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

by rstanj New Poster
Message 8 of 16 (1,667 Views)

Your website shows that an auto top-up can be arranged for my prepaid mobile. I set one up and it worked perfectly for about 2 years, but the last 2 times it has failed to work and I have had to top-up manually. I have phoned your company to find out why this has stopped working and was told you have suspended the use of auto top-ups. If this is the case, why are you still showing this feature as an option on your website?

Starter Poster

by Mike_of_DTL Starter Poster
Message 9 of 16 (1,002 Views)

Have you reinstated auto top-up for Prepay?

It silently stopped working a few months ago (so my service stopped without warning or apparent reason).  When I phoned Vodafone support I was told they had stopped auto top-up.

But I return today and see the web pages for creating an auto top up are there.  Does this mean it will work again?

Community Manager

Message 10 of 16 (997 Views)

@Mike_of_DTL

There were 3 ways to Auto Top Up, we closed one so 2 version still available.

Cheers

m

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors