Support:

Modems & home Wi-Fi

Handpicked posts
Search Vodafone Community:
Reply
Frequent Poster
kasper58
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎18/06/2009

Firmware update for the HG556a

What a royal run-around to get this modem working.

Started a ticket with Help Desk for issues with DDNS & Saving Settings. That was two months ago, and that has been escalated.

Have seen there is a ver 030 available in NZ, but can I find it.
Contacted the Help Desk and was pointed to the Irish firmware.
The Vodafone (NZ)firmware site is proported to be testvf.co.nz. nothing on this site.

Does anyone know where a functionng firmware for this modem is available.
Message 1 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Dylan
Posts: 720
Topics: 45
Kudos: 78
Solutions: 22
Registered: ‎21/08/2010

Firmware update for the HG556a

[ Edited ]
kasper58, on 13 July 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

What a royal run-around to get this modem working.

Started a ticket with Help Desk for issues with DDNS & Saving Settings. That was two months ago, and that has been escalated.

Have seen there is a ver 030 available in NZ, but can I find it.
Contacted the Help Desk and was pointed to the Irish firmware.
The Vodafone (NZ)firmware site is proported to be testvf.co.nz. nothing on this site.

Does anyone know where a functionng firmware for this modem is available.



Hi there,

We're still looking into the DynDNS issue. There is no difference of DynDNS functionality between versions of the hg556a firmware.

The New Zealand version of the HG556 firmware is now available again at this site;
testvf.co.nz/hg556a/


Cheers,

Dylan

Message 2 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Poster
Shindig
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎14/07/2011

Firmware update for the HG556a

The only available FW on that link above is the original one?

No links to B028, 29 or 30?

Any ideas where to download them from??

Thank you
Message 3 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Dylan
Posts: 720
Topics: 45
Kudos: 78
Solutions: 22
Registered: ‎21/08/2010

Firmware update for the HG556a

Shindig, on 18 July 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

The only available FW on that link above is the original one?

No links to B028, 29 or 30?

Any ideas where to download them from??

Thank you


The later versions have been removed for the time being. There should be no reason to update the firmware on the hg556a modem.
Message 4 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Poster
Shindig
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎14/07/2011

Firmware update for the HG556a

Oh right, So B028 is the latest?

What is this B029 I have seen mentioned?


regards
Message 5 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Poster
sgh77
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎27/10/2011

Firmware update for the HG556a

Shindig, on 18 July 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

Oh right, So B028 is the latest?

What is this B029 I have seen mentioned?


regards



Did you get it sorted? is HG556aV100R001C12B032SP01.bin 18-Oct-2011 16:23 10.0M the latest firmware?
Message 6 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Dylan
Posts: 720
Topics: 45
Kudos: 78
Solutions: 22
Registered: ‎21/08/2010

Firmware update for the HG556a

sgh77, on 28 October 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

is HG556aV100R001C12B032SP01.bin 18-Oct-2011 16:23 10.0M the latest firmware?

Yes.

The differences between versions are listed in testvf.co.nz/hg556a/NOTE%20ON%20FIRMWARE%20REVISION.txt
Message 7 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Poster
jackiewu85
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎15/12/2011

Firmware update for the HG556a

Hi There,

I have recently signed up with vodafone, and just received my new modem. I cant find the update firmware tab on my HG556a control panel, so how can I update the firmwares?

Cheers


Dylan, on 01 November 2011 - 12:40 PM, said:

sgh77, on 28 October 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

is HG556aV100R001C12B032SP01.bin 18-Oct-2011 16:23 10.0M the latest firmware?

Yes.

The differences between versions are listed in testvf.co.nz/hg556a/NOTE%20ON%20FIRMWARE%20REVISION.txt
Message 8 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Poster
recko
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎19/11/2011

Firmware update for the HG556a

Default Login doesn't show all settings etc...


Login into the Modem as :

user: advanced

pass: advanced
Message 9 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator
Nigelhu
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎30/10/2009

Firmware update for the HG556a

Hi All,

There is no benefit to upgrading the firmware on the HG556a to the latest version B032 as the only difference between B032 and B028 is that B032 enables the use of our Vodafone easy office product.

If you want to upgrade due to an issue you are experiencing with your device please post about the issue so we can help you fix it.

Best Regards,


Nigel

Message 10 of 17 (11,549 Views)
Please use plain text.