ultra hub parental controls

Starter Poster

ultra hub parental controls

[ Edited ]
by deadmansradio Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (1,919 Views)

hey

is anyone having problems with the Ultra Hubs's Parental Controls?  Mine seems all good until i hit the apply button then  I get the "YOUR CHANGES HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED" message.

ay ideas?

Regular Contributor

Re: ultra hub parental controls

by Regular Contributor MrMorm Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 8 (1,894 Views)

Check the time doesn't roll over until the next day. eg if you want it off between 8pm and 6 am that is 2 rules - 8-12 and 12-6)

Also, no spaces allowed in the rule name.

Starter Poster

by MarkHeyman Starter Poster
Message 3 of 8 (1,634 Views)

Having same issues...trying to block access from 23:50 to 6AM.....no way it likes that!  23:50 and 06:00 (so kids can sleep)

I wonder if you are supposed to put times you will allow this to operate instead of times you won't?  confusing

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by WatchfulDad New Poster
Message 4 of 8 (1,609 Views)

Having two seperate rules to cross midnight is the trick alright. Unfortunately it doesn't actually appear to block access to the internet...

Anyone else had this issue?

Starter Poster

by MarkHeyman Starter Poster
Message 5 of 8 (1,603 Views)

Actually, yes!!  Thought I figured out the time issue and blocked out one machine and all wireless between 00:01 and 06:00, router accepted, saved, all good....  Just did not work at all....still had total wireless access and the computer was not blocked....used the proper MAC details, just unsure where to from here....

Anyone else assist?

New Poster

by tonynot New Poster
Message 6 of 8 (978 Views)

I had this problem too.

My issue was the time on the router.

If you go to 'Status & Support' then scroll to the bottom of the page you can see what your time is set to.

If your time is wrong you can fix it by going to 'Settings' and selecting 'Internet Time'

My ntp server was set to ntp1.vodafone.co.nz

I changed to '0.nz.pool.ntp.org' it updated the time.

Then my parental control rules started working.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JamieAnnan Starter Poster
Message 7 of 8 (784 Views)

posted the same into the other thread..but incase this is the only one anyone finds.

I just spent 4 hours trying to get this to work on my new fibre connected UltraHub..absolute fail. Applied the rules to wifi connected devices - kids phones and chromebooks - and it would just block device outside of the time rule or partially block connection...or not apply at all. 

the user interface is vey cludgy..luckily I held on to my older HG659 that has working parental controls..slower wifi connection is small price to pay fo rmore control.

As a note i did try a differnt NTP setting change but no difference

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor sikcapri Regular Contributor
Message 8 of 8 (191 Views)

@deadmansradio wrote:

hey

is anyone having problems with the Ultra Hubs's Parental Controls?  Mine seems all good until i hit the apply button then  I get the "YOUR CHANGES HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED" message.

ay ideas?

It wont let you save if you have overlapping times in different rules for a device. Makes it stupidly hard to configure.
  • 51w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors